PDA

View Full Version : boats behaving badly

aido
21-04-2004, 07:22 AM
seems to be a few people lately with boats that
don't perform as they should.
someone said there was a spate of this 20 years ago.

so, what about a list of known dogs?

i'll start with a savage lancer 5.3m i used to own.
it was forever splitting open down the keel weld.
maybe i pushed it too hard, but i wasn't real happy
and less than comfortable in the rough stuff.

SeaHunt
21-04-2004, 08:16 AM
I had an early 80's Pride Palamino, I think. 16ft Fibreglass half cab.
It seemed top heavy. I never felt comfortable in it, power through a wake or chop at an angle and you felt like it was going over at any second, scarey.

SeaHunt
21-04-2004, 07:10 PM
Bump, how about some more of the less than great ones, [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] and of course why they deserve that tag.

basserman
22-04-2004, 04:04 PM
well i will give you one but not sure of the make of the hull but anyway!
it was about 10 years ago in the per boat owner day my misses and myself had a day off and thought we would go hire a tinny out at port hacking and soke a few baits well this was all and good untill we got the boat! it would of been a 10" deep vee tinny with a past due date 6hp donk on the back! well to cut the story of all the fish we caught short ::) the thing was a pig and every slight movment that was made had it wanting to dunk us and on two occasions we did have it tipping over that agrasivly that we took water over the side WELL if this wasn't bad enoght the donk you had to hold the gear in forward all the time if you wanted it to go and it only went at that! well with that being the most daangerous boat we have been in it is no wonder my misses is only just starting to trust boats again but still yell at me if i stand up in my tinny (that with two fatsos over one side never looks like going near the drink)
well with the full day paid for we still decided to call it quits after only a few hours that felt like mounths :o