PDA

View Full Version : Logan River Boat Ramps

CHRIS_aka_GWH
23-04-2004, 11:53 AM
i usually use carbrook ramp these days as it's not too bad a ramp on anything but a low tide. I stop using alberton across the river because of breakins and only use the pin ramps (horizon shores on the overnighters where security is a major concern & jacobs well when fishing the straddie beach)

My question..

Whats Skinners rd like these days - has it been upgraded at all - I notice some roadworks going on at the intersection?

I notice in the UBD there is a ramp at Tansey Park - whats that like?

What are the ramps like to use & how is security - any comments appreciated.

Are there any further upstream worth using if fishing the mouth ? waterford?

chris

DaneCross
23-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Skinners Park hasn't been upgraded since last time I checked. I'd be a little worried about theft from there as well - its pretty isolated. The roadworks going on are for an intersection between Redland Bay and Mt Cotton Rds, I don't think it has anything to do with Skinners Rd although the entrance to the road might be tricky, it wasn't closed though when I drove past the other week.
As for the ramp itself, theres bugger all ramp/beach/landing area to hold the boat while fetching the car and whats there is all mud/rock.
I use Carbrook as well, although I'm not sure what the $3.50 a go is buying me :-/
Dane

clutter
23-04-2004, 06:10 PM
$3.50 usually buys peace of mind for me on the odd occasions that I use it.

Cheers, Clutter

bungie
24-04-2004, 02:27 AM
Are there any ramps or access to the river down stream from carbrook ?? I'm down to a 10ft car topper with a 2hp at the moment so the access doesn't have to be anything brilliant, just let me get down around the yabbie banks to fish.

snapperhead
24-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Hey bungie there is a small dirt ramp down from the sugar mill just follow the road straight past the mill for probably 5km's or so and you come to a prawn farm the ramp is to the left it puts you in at marks rocks, aggeston sands in behind the islands and yabby beds probably only suitable for boats to 5m or so been over 12 months since ive been down that way so memory is a bit scetchy. Its a good out of the way spot that dosen't see alot of people using it plus there is a house close to were you park the car, never had any trouble down there on overnighters

bungie
25-04-2004, 05:01 AM
great, just the area I wanted to get too. Ta

Churbro
26-04-2004, 12:56 PM
There is also a little ramp, just before vine st redland bay, you have to drive down a dirt trak to get to it but I took my falcon down there just now, look's a bit tricky on low tide but high tide should be good for littler boat's say 15 ft and under. the only other one's between the high way and the water is ferry rd or skinners at ferry road it's $3.50 for the day or $5.00 over night I think. I think I'll stick to getting the misses to drop me and the boat off for now.

snapperhead
27-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Bungie.......think it's called Mill road at woongoolba

BaitThrower
24-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Sorry to bring up an od thread, but is this Mill Road ramp a public ramp?

Steboe
24-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Check out the list

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/cps/rde/dpi/hs.xsl/28_11239_ENA_HTML.htm

Ken

BenDover
24-10-2008, 06:24 PM
HEY CHRIS, Ive got the perfect ramp for you but its not very well known. Only to locals. Puts you right on the spot aswell. Perfect for your boat aswell. PM me your email and ill send it to you.
BD

BenDover
24-10-2008, 06:31 PM
sorry, didnt read snapper heads post. Yes the cats out of the bag. Its a little ramp on Marks rd. Only the local use it and puts into calm protected waters right in the heart of some great fishing spots. Was there again a few weeks ago. Whitting central at the moment on those yabbie beds.

BaitThrower
27-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks for info guys. Ya might see me in my little dinghy down there one day soon :) Will save having to boat around from Carbrook/Alberton ramp.