PDA

View Full Version : Boat storage

skelz
07-05-2004, 02:24 PM
::)Hi Everybody.
Looking at purchasing a boat (14ft trailer boat) but I need somewhere to park as I live in a townhouse. currently residing in Capalaba. I cant imagine I am the only person with this drama. Please let me know if anybody knows of where I can park the thing went I am not fishing. I have rang ....... Storage and they want $90 a month surely there must be something cheaper avail.
Thanks
SHANE ;D

MY-TopEnder
07-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Was that Horizon Shores you called?

craigie
07-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi Shane,

$90 a month is not too bad. The local storage place down the road wanted $50 per week :o :o :o :o :o

I'm still faced with the same dilema as yourself, my boat has been sitting on the front lawn for nearly 3 months :o :o

Happy hunting

Craigie.

skelz
07-05-2004, 02:35 PM
no its was national storage

MY-TopEnder
07-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Yeah $90 a month for them is cheap as chips... try Horizon Shores down at Jacobs Well.

Hookem_Herby
08-05-2004, 03:47 AM
I pay $140 per month to store mine under cover and in a secure environment (full lock up)!!! :o ::)
I was offered several at around $90 per month but this was open/outside storage .... I figured that was no different from storing it in my yard so what was the point. Paid the extra $50 per month and am happy (got the last avail space ;D)
I check out Horizon Shores and they offer a pretty good deal ... around $380 per quarter from memory .... includes a few services like them launching it for you and cleaning your outboard before storing it again. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
The trouble for me was, it's miles from where I live :-[ so I looked at other options otherwise HS is a top facility. They store 2000 boats down at the marina and everything looks to be in top order. Check out their website!
Good luck,
Herby

Outsider
08-05-2004, 12:23 PM
So Herby where did you end up storing yours?

I searched for ages and eventually gave up.

I think Samson Marina on Beveridge Rd at Thornlands were looking at getting into the storage caper.

Theres a place called Port of Brisbane Storage near Lytton Rd (heaps of old buses etc in the yard - near the overpass - can't miss it) that do outdoor storage with 24hr access for about $20 a week.

Nu Marine or whatever Cleveland Boating services is now called may do storage - old ownwers used to - need a high trailer though as access ramps are real steep and the traffic sucks on Shore St.

Theres a little storage place on Wynnum Rd just after the BP at Tingalpa - blink and you'd miss it - but there's boats under tarps in there as well.

Or you could get a mate to consign your boat for you - then go down each weekend masquarading as a prospective buyer - for just one last test drive before you buy... won't cost a cent!