PDA

View Full Version : Who should I get to install my electronics ??

craigie
12-05-2004, 12:29 PM
I'm slowly but surely pulling together my 'Electronic' items for the new rig.
VHF Radio (Uniden) and GPS (Garmin126 ??) will arrive next week. Sounder (Furuno 4100 or 6100 ??) and a GME Marine Stereo ?? could be added in the next couple of weeks.

So all going well, at some stage in the very near future I will be faced with the dilema af getting these items mounted and wired into the dash of the boat.
The plan will be to set up a second Battery for purely running the Electronics and the other battery dedicated to starting the Outboard.
Naturally I would need the alternating unit on the engine charging both Batteries.

Now the big question ???, can someone recommend a business outlet, Marine sparky or similar, who could do the above installation to a good quality standard at a reasonable price ??
or
Could someone give a rough idea what my installation will cost ?
The cost of the second battery would also be included in the installation.

Thanks and regards

Craig.S.

Lucky_Phill
12-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Craig, pm me. ;)

Phill

craigie
12-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Will do Phill ;)

Here is a vew of the dash where all the goodies need to fit. Note that the dash is a bit open to the elements :-/ ???

mackmauler
12-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Craig, thats a fair few electronics to put in one small area, not that i have any better ideas ;D just heard the odd story about interferance, open to the elements :P u seen my rig ::) maybe some clears around those bow rails would keep it all a bit drier ???

Rob

craigie
12-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Rob,

Yes mate, will be a bit of a squeeze, might have to put one or both of the Radios under the console :-/, Hadn't thought of the 'Interference Factor' , well that could throw a cat amongst the pigeons ;D.

Clears around the bow rails !! Will certainly keep that in mind,

Thanks for the imput,

Craig.

Greggo
12-05-2004, 03:10 PM
hi cragie

dual batteries are the way to go. A starting battery and a house battery (for all your electronics). Check out BEP's website on www.bla.com.au or BLA sales office on 0738901690 QLD . They have a battery management system advertised in the QFM. Looks very good but don't know the price. I have two batteries in my boat, the main starter battery is charged by the motor and the second is for lights and electronic which i recharge before i go out.
Greggo

Lucky_Phill
12-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Yes Craig, that dash looks a bit of a challenge.

The only interference we get on ReBait is from the Fluro lights, and that only effects the sounder by putting little lines thru it. And we run all cables on the same side of the boat.

Phill

Snap
12-05-2004, 06:29 PM
Nice Optimax 115,
what are they worth.