PDA

View Full Version : Another Polycraft

polydriver
01-06-2004, 07:51 AM
After looking around the second hand market, I decided to extend the budget and buy new, once I had seen and experienced the polycraft boats.

Ordered one today, and should take delivery by the weekend and on the waters of Hervey Bay drowning bait and waving to the fish.

Dave

Big_L
01-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Good choice Dave my soninlaw and myself own one and think that it's great hope you do as well ;D

beatle
01-06-2004, 03:10 PM
A mate of mine is looking at buying one of these boats . What would the cost be on a boat around the 4.1 -4.5 forward control , 40h.p. two stroke.-Beatle

phewy
01-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Well done. Very happy with our 4.55 f/runner, cant fault it

MY-TopEnder
01-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Yeah they're awesome boats.

I'm about to go head on at looking into my options of upgrading my current tinny to one of these things. In particular a 455 Centre Console.

polydriver
01-06-2004, 03:35 PM
I bought the 4.55 cuddy cabin version, one of the few remaining i believe. Total cost $17.5k. Good price for this type of boat compared to others and what you get for second hand.
inlcudes 4.55 cuddy cabin boat, 50hp 4 stroke Suzuki motor, trailer, nav lights, side pockets, marine radio and antenna, Colour Fish finder (so we can feed them) underfloor 70L fuel tank, boarding, bow and side rails, fire extinguisher, 2 seats and pedestal, anchor rope and chain, 4 vests, flares, v-sheet, bait board and installation of everything. Just waiting for delivery now... 4 sleeps to go, bugga xmas!
The 4.55 front runner came in at $16,5k. Its a matter of personal choice Beatle as to what you go for.
We had a test run in the front runner but i was put off only by the low windscreen and therefore excessive wind in the face. If you are cold or wet, the wind chill would be huge. Thats just my view, others are extremely happy with that set up.

If you are interested look at the polycraft site for the list of dealers and go see them, i think you will be surprised at the price and packages.

regards
Dave ... ( and yes I know Richard, its a good deal...lol)

bay_firey
01-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Dave
You can say that again $17 1/2 for the cuddy with all that gear is a bloody good deal.
Is that the white cuddy that Richard has had for a while ??
You will be very happy with 50 Suzy, top engine, but, on the cuddy I am thinking that 50 might just be a tad short.
How many people will you normally run with ??

polydriver
01-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Hi Mark
Yes it is the white one that Richard has had for a while. Looks like it from all the dust/dirt build up...hahaha.
There will mainly be me and the boy so it shouldnt be too bad. If it goes half as well as Richards I will be happy. We will have to catch up on the water and do the comparo thing.

Brett.... yes it is so I hope you did a bloody good job on it...hahahah

cheers
Dave

bay_firey
02-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Dave
2 up you won't be disapointed.
3 or more and they lagg a bit with a 50
Look forward to catching up and doing the comparo thing and maybe some fishing as well.

You should get the bait tank too
Have A Look Here (http://www.mchap.com/boat.htm)

beatle
02-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Thanks Dave-Beatle- [smiley=beatnik.gif]

polydriver
02-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Hey Mark, The tackle box under the seat is a great idea. I did look at the bait tank and decided at this stage to leave it and maybe add it later. With all the other bits and pieces still to buy, the money tree is feeling a bit wilted. I am looking to fit a rocket launcher to save on storage space for rods. There is one on the Whitworths site for $189, fitting that and then having a canopy made to suit. I have been talking to Ray about it so will see what he comes up with.

All things being well, we will be out on the water this weekend, and if it rains... I am still going ... the boy would kill me if we didnt...lol

Would be good to catch up and talk to a local as i dont know these waters at all, about fishing and safe passage.

cheers
Dave

bay_firey
02-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Dave
Am heading out Saturday arvo for an overnighter around Ungowa, there will be no rain.