PDA

View Full Version : Secondhand boating gear

kingfisho
06-06-2004, 04:33 PM
???
Hi All, I am doing up a 14 ft tinnie and I am looking for any shop or organisation that sells second hand boating equipment. I am on a dissability pension and am looking for good secondhand stuff.
( auxillary outboard brackets, burley buckets , gunnel rubbers , oars , anything for the boat etc. ) . I am on the Central Coast N.S.W. and will travel to Sydney or Newcastle etc.

Heath
07-06-2004, 06:14 AM
My experience with buying gear like that from a shop, is that they want top dollar for it. Quiet often their selling price is only a few bucks below the new price. Best option is to look in the trading post or get yourself to a few garage sales, especially in the seaside suburbs.

fishingrod
07-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi Kingfish
There is a second hand shop in Mona Vale, (northern beaches of Sydney) Darney street i think????..... Called Seapower boat locker or something like that. Its about 200m from the Whitworths Shop in the same street. They have second hand gear of all sorts. Some stuff is good value and other stuff is expensive.

There is another on the south side of Sydney down past Blakehurst near the bridge. Not sure of itss name or if its still there but thats a long way from Cent Coast!

Depending on what you get you will save a little. Some things its not worth skimping on (eg bilge pumps) and its best to get new if you can afford it.

As Heath said some prices are only a few dollars cheaper so do your homework on what you expect to pay. Have you looked on Ebay or the trading post marine accessoroes section?

cheers
Rod

kingfisho
08-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Thanks guys;
I'll check a few garage sales and classifieds
Kingfisho