PDA

View Full Version : Anyone delt with Sequip in Brisbane?

CamH
06-06-2004, 01:33 AM
I just want to let everyone know how dissapointed I am. Firstly I have a Trailcraft centre console which was purchased through Cunnighams Marine at Redcliffe. They get a mob called Sequip at Capalaba to fit all their extras (targa tops, bait baords etc). I have a targa top fitted which bent a few trips ago in some rough seas while we were hanging on to it and also vibrated all the screws loose on the side plates of the TTop. I live in Toowoomba and keep my boat at the Sunshine Coast. So the other day I drove to the Coast, got the boat and dropped it off to get fixed and organised with them that I would pick it up the next afternoon. I got there at 4.10pm to pick it up to find they had closed even though they knew I was coming so I had to drive back to Toowoomba with steam flowing from my ears. Apparently the main boss is away for a couple of weeks but that should no excuse.

I reckon I must have a curse on me or something after the crap service I got through Cunninghams while trying to buy the boat in the first place (another story which I won't go into here).

propdinger
06-06-2004, 08:49 AM
i reckon i would be pissed if i drove all that way and they were shut

CamH
06-06-2004, 11:18 AM
The whole show was a bloody circus.

Outsider
06-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I've also been suprised by the levels of service from Cunninghams. Obviously they have more customers than they want or need. I must not have appreciated them enough for taking the time out of their hectic schedule to take my money. And how dare I shop around and compare prices and specs.

Maybe they're not like that all the time, but neither my new boat, nor any of it's accesories will be purchased there.

Big_Kev
06-06-2004, 01:21 PM
I take it you are angry with Seaquip because they shut the shop before you turned up to pick up the boat?
At least they came to the party to fix the T Top, after it got bent in the manner you said. Purhaps the extra weight did a job on the screws as well.
I to got an initial bad impresion (didn't seem to want to help) at Cunninghams before I got my last boat and I politely walked out the gate.
Cheers Kev. :)

MY-TopEnder
06-06-2004, 06:31 PM
I can understand why you'd be pissed.. i mean to not hang around for at least say half an hour if they knew you were coming, or not to politely ring you on the mobile and ask how far off you were.

As for rough treatment from dealers... i have had a very similar thing from Cunninghams when i was asking about a tow rope for a ski tube... i was told that the tube i had must be pretty crap if it didn't have one. Thats irrelivant, i wanted a price and was given the third degree about it.

When i was looking at buying my boat at the begining of the year i went to Springwood Marine having mates of dad who go there and swear by it. Anyway i waited for ages for a salesman, so i asked him about the Tinny i was looking at (around $17,000 worth) and was basically looked up and down, labelled as a tyre kicker and was given the cold shoulder. So i walked out a little upset that they wouldn't take my money and went to the other Motorama dealer where i was greeted nicely and had all my questions answered and they helped me pick the best boat suitable for my needs. THEY had $500 from me on the spot for the boat chosen...

It seems some boat dealers are becoming like car salesmen... the look you up and down when you walk in the gates and decide which of their little pigeon holes they wanna put you in.

P.S. if you want a good deal on an Allycraft, Haines, or Stace... go see Bill or Michael at Motorama Bayside Marine.

Big_Kev
06-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Topender, I beleive that Springwood and Bayside are both owned by the Motorama Group.

bungie
07-06-2004, 05:41 AM
Kev,
The salesmen usually are on commission, so at least the right guy got commission ;D

Big_Kev
07-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Right you are Bungie.

MY-TopEnder
07-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Yeah Kev they're both owned by Motorama... actually a funny story was all the finance documents had to be done through Springwood as thats head office. I was down there signing the contract on the new boat and the salesman who gave me the cold shoulder was wandering around...

Either way i got a good deal from a good dealer and a nice bloke. It was his first sale for Bayside so he was pretty happy.

sharkbait
07-06-2004, 05:07 PM
Had a casting deck done up by seaquip, couldn't be happier, but then again, they were open when i went to pick it up :-/

CamH
08-06-2004, 04:42 AM
I don't doubt Seaquip probably do a good job on their actual work but I was very dissapointed in their general manner. One of the main reasons I was angry as well was because twice I offered to give them my phone number and details so they could contact me but they said it would rihgt and they didn't need them. At least they could have called.

aido
08-06-2004, 08:05 AM
when i was planning on whether to repair or replace my stainless
side fuel tanks, the guy who answered the phone at seaquip even
offered to come over to my place after the factory closed and
have a look at my setup in his own time. said he lives near me
can't knock that sort of service.

CamH
08-06-2004, 09:22 AM
That could be the main boss (Martin I think) who is away.

Big_Kev
08-06-2004, 11:30 AM
I would say that the boss being away may be thew answer to your problems Cam.

aido
08-06-2004, 01:22 PM
martin, yeah that was the name from memory...
their workmanship was highly regarded from what
my sources told me.

searaider
08-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Geday CamH ,
I have had a number of small items , bait board , line bait tank , stainless rocket launchers on my old boat manufactured as well as stainless prop & outboard skeg repairs carried out by Seaquip .
I have always found them to do good work , at a reasonable price & I have always been able to pre arrange to pick up my boat after work .

I have always delt with Martin Dale who owns the company .
Give him a call to discuss the problems you have been having while he has been away .

Martin takes pride in what he does & I'm sure he wouldn't be happy in the lack of service you have received from his company in his absence .

He is also a very keen offshore fisherman & should know whats required for fitting your boat out for the rough conditions .

I haven't spoken to him for a while but his direct work mobile number was 0419724718 .
( I would recommend that you give him a call & advise him of the problems you have had with the service ).

Regards
Peter
Searaider 2