PDA

View Full Version : Bait Board

Gaz_2000
06-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know a place in Sydney or online that has a good range of bait boards for my boat?

The only ones I can find online are the bermuda ones, but I can't find anywere that seems to stock a good range so I can look at them.

Thanks

Gaz

melbdan
06-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Hi c if u like any of these Dan. http://www.ssmarineaccessories.com.au/fibreglass.html

Gaz_2000
06-06-2004, 09:43 PM
Not bad, Dan,

Any Idea what they are worth?

Gaz

melbdan
07-06-2004, 04:29 AM
That small one is about $200 and the large one is around $700 all set up.

NQCairns
07-06-2004, 06:47 AM
If you like some of their work dont email them, I have been waiting for a reply for around a week on their pod, amazing how much 'work' places like this must loose. I have moved on from their product now ;D ;D nq

littlejim
07-06-2004, 07:06 AM
Gaz,

just a point to consider.
I made my own 'up the back' baitboard out of a nylon breadboard from woolies and some marine ply.
when we were fishing, sitting down, found the one up the back was never used (real pain in a swell). Just used a breadboard sized piece of marine ply on the top of the esky, or on the knees.

recently pulled the 'up the back' bait board out and put a live bait container there instead.

deb
07-06-2004, 02:48 PM
NQ I'm going down on the 22nd for work, and to pick ours up as a bonus extra ;) if you really do want further info, I'm more than happy to pass it on for you, or make sure they get in touch. Soooo far , I can't complain :-*

BladeRunner
07-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Hi I just recently had my bait board fixed up some welding done, hinged it so I could lift up to be able to tilt the motor up fully.
Well my wife thinks it is the dearest bait board I ever had ,not impressed.........
roughly $400 Stop your complaining .
BladeRunner [smiley=bandana.gif]

NQCairns
07-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Hi Dreamdays, They have nill info only a picture of the pod at their site. I emailed asking about basic info - price and construction info (epoxy or polyester) and setback.

If you find the time to ask the Qs above it would be nice, I am a way from purchase atm, when I get closer to deciding what design of pod I will use I will probably give them another try.

The baitboard does look good hope you enjoy, thanks nq

deb
07-06-2004, 09:53 PM
consider it done, will let you know by private pm when i'm back

NQCairns
09-06-2004, 05:00 AM
consider it done, will let you know by private pm when i'm back

Cheers [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]nq

lordy
11-06-2004, 07:06 AM
Dreamdays can you add me to that list. Pods are interesting me as well. We might have to use on our boat because the transom is quite high (suits XL) and XL aren't easy to find second hand.

NQCairns
11-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Hi Dreamdays and Lordy I got an email back last night here it is:

Hi Scott
The price of a pod is $880.00 plus freight
Dimensions are 600mm long 590 wide
They are fibreglass the only wood is where the motor bolts on
Cheers
Karl

Thanks again Dreamdays for the kind offer, dont need to bother you now.

The price seems quite reasonable. cheers nq

lordy
11-06-2004, 10:45 AM
they look kind of box like. I wonder how hard it would be to make one. Doesn't look that tricky, just wouldn't be as pretty as a mould.

NQCairns
11-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi Lordy I wondered myself they are just a boat transom only smaller try here : http://forum.classicseacraft.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=17607&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Instead of a pod what about one of these from the states you could run a shorter shaft easily. The ability to trim the up/down dimension on the run would pay for it's self in fuel savings etc over the life of an engine if an hydraulic one was fitted, try here :

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jhtml?id=cat420001&navAction=pop&navCount=2&parentId=&parentType=&rid=&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fcatego ry-link.jhtml_A&_DAV=AdvancedSearch