PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Interstate Boat Licence

gunna
12-06-2004, 08:08 AM
G'day all. Just wondering - when I move from NSW to QLD can I just transfer my boat licence or do I need to sit Qld tests ?

whiteman
12-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Just transfer it when you change your car licence. Everything is attached to your car licence. No notation that you are a qualified boat driver. Water police and fisheries download licence details onto their laptop so they can spot check at ramps, etc.

gunna
12-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Thanks Whiteman - no separate boat licence ?? Does that mean you don't pay a yearly fee ??

NQCairns
12-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Gunna you just pay your car licence no further fee for a boat licence up here, your cost of living is going to plumet ;D

MTpockets
13-06-2004, 11:14 PM
So for someone like me who has an old "lifetime" boat licence is ok till I either lose or replace it? I assume at that time they will add it to my car licence or when I renew my car licence they will add it then?? Probably a visit to the transport dept might be in order eh?
cheers
Les
PS Gunna, a sound choice moving to "EDEN", what took you so long ??? ;D ;D ;D

gunna
14-06-2004, 03:45 AM
PS Gunna, a sound choice moving to "EDEN", what took you so long ??? ;D ;D ;D

Born & bred Qlder MTP. Just happened to live down here since I was about 18. But I always said " I'll be back ". I have spent every holiday back there in the last 30 years ;D ;D

polydriver
14-06-2004, 04:31 AM
I lost my paper QLD boating licence so went to Dept Transport to check if i was on updated "virtual licence" database and I wasnt. I used my old SA lifetime licence to re-register my licence back to Qld and it cost me $38.00.

If you havent checked whether your details have transfered over and cant find your paper one it would be worth the effort to double check with the Dept. Of course there is no apology if they didnt transfer you over, just a hand coming out for more money...lol

bungie
14-06-2004, 06:12 AM
bit of info here for you

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/qt/msq.nsf/index/rec_licence

TonyM
14-06-2004, 08:02 AM
You sound a bit like me gunna - it took me 20 years to get back, but get back i did (Besides, selling real estate in Sydney and buying up here means bigger, better, and some cash left over for toys) ;D (not to mention the fortune you'll save on the licence) hehe

gunna
14-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Thanks Bungie. I had checked that page & it was what led me to start this post. I still haven't seen words to the effect of

"if you have an interstate licence you can transfer it to be a Qld licence without re-sitting any test"

polydriver
15-06-2004, 02:55 PM
read my lips

Top lip
"i just transfered my licence from SA to QLD. Paid money for the life time licence but didnt have to sit a test"
Bottom Lip

end of smart ass sarcasm
:o)