PDA

View Full Version : Stability?

Sean
15-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Am I correct in thinking that if I had a little tinny and put a floor over the top of the seats as a casting platform, would a flat bottom boat have more stability? Any advise on this topic is greatly appreciated, as you have prob. seen I am on the lookout for a little tinny for Bream/Bass fishing. Thanks guys Sean :)

lordy
15-06-2004, 02:51 PM
flatter the better for stability. Not so good for comfort if there is any chop.

Needmorerum
15-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Sean, I have a 395 Stacer Proline Angler, I have had it out in the Gladstone Harbour as well as out the front, I also use it up the estuaries. I have found it not to bad in the chop when it has more than one person in it, otherwise it can get a bit rough. But not unbearable.
The one thing I do like is that when I want to relieve myself I can stand on the edge of the sides with my toes over the edge and the boat stays stable. If someone else walks around, you don't have to hang on.
I am very impressed with how this boat has been since I bought it new 12 months ago. No regrets at all.
For a squiz - http://www.stacer.com.au/main.asp

HTH
Corry

sandboy
16-06-2004, 05:58 AM
Hi sean,
I have a v nose punt,3.5 m with a flat bottom it is very stable i am 6 foot and i have no trouble moving around in it.It is great 4 my kids very safe.

Sean
16-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the help so far, so if i got alittle tinny with the standard sort of bottom it would roll a bit?

Needmorerum
16-06-2004, 06:01 PM
You got it. Not sure where you are but I'm sure there is someone around who could let you jump in and go for a ride to see the difference. Get a couple of different tinnies together and try them out. I'm in CQ at Gladstone, I would be to happy to take you for a run and show you how a V-nose Flat bottom works.
Failing this option, go to your local boat ramp and have a look at the different hulls coming and going. I often do this when I go to Yeppoon, stop in at Roslyn Bay and have lunch sitting on the wall above the ramp watching the comotion. Always funny to see what people do, specially what they try and tow big boats with.

HTH
Corry