PDA

View Full Version : The Bugman's Back

bugman
15-06-2004, 05:25 AM
Bogey at 10 o'clock high - lookout it's the Bugman !!

bugman
15-06-2004, 05:26 AM
Number 2

bugman
15-06-2004, 05:26 AM
Fish beware

Cheech
15-06-2004, 06:17 AM
Wow!! that is one great boat. If you ever need crew,, pick me pick me.

blaze
15-06-2004, 06:20 AM
rearly impressed with the rotating turant, be able to sort the bad guys out with that
cheers
blaze

Zeeke
15-06-2004, 06:55 AM
holy quacking duckshit!!! thats one awesome lookin boat! very nice boat there buggy

Tim

bugman
15-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Blaze,

It has two benefits. It enables me to knock out any south croaching Al Quaeda targets - and it enables me to evade the patrols boats as I smuggle drugs up and down the coastline. ;D

Gentlemen I'm sure I can accommodate requests - it's just that there's a line forming already and it will take me a while to work through it.

I'll be out there playing with you all on the water soon.

Bugman

Dr_Dan
15-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Very nice ;D

ken4159
15-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Brett, is that the lightning you were looking at
Ken

MTpockets
15-06-2004, 12:31 PM
Damn nice Lightning Buggy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
What area do you plan on fishing with her mate?
cheers
Les

PinHead
15-06-2004, 01:33 PM
I have my gear packed and sitting on the front steps waiting Brett...great looking rig.

Sportfish_5
15-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Brett

Well done she looks great. How far over did you go on the test run yesterday ? Was nice n bumpy over Combi point way Saturday morning so you would have gotten to know very early how well she'll go in that shitty bay chop ;)

See ya on the water ;D

Cheers

Greg

Big_Kev
15-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Brett that is one nice looking set of propellors. I think it will do the job nicely and the big radar thing on top is impressive to say the least.
You can always call on me to bring the LANDCRUISER [smiley=angel.gif]when the LANDROVER [smiley=helpa.gif] chucks in the towel trying to pull the Bogey.
I am not to sure with the name, can you convince me. :-X
Cheers Kev ;D

Lucky_Phill
15-06-2004, 04:38 PM
OH, What did I see heading out Sunday Morning ?

The Bugmobile ! ;)

Big_Kev
15-06-2004, 04:59 PM
I got it with the name Change the O to a U and it will be the Bugie

Needmorerum
15-06-2004, 05:25 PM
To be totally ignorant, what make of hull is it? I am thinking from previous posts that it is a Lightning Hull, is this right? Do they have a website. I am nearly at the stage where I am ready to purchase a bigger boat as well as my 4m tinny so am doing some shopping around.

Corry

bugman
16-06-2004, 04:21 AM
Ken,

Yeah that's the one I was looking at - she looked good out of the water but I was pretty impressed with her performance in the wet stuff. Like any plat boat she did bang a touch in the slop. We had about 3/4 metre of bay chop about 7ks out from Scarborough in close sets that enabled us to try and hurt her.

Didn't make it to Combi Greg as I was sorta doing the shuttle runs with different interested parties in the family. Would have liked to take her outside but it seemd pretty comparable with other plate boats I'd been in for similar conditions.

She sat on about 37-40kms an hour at about 4000 revs through the worst of the chop which I was happy with. If I can sit on that outside I'd be wrapped.

Corry - she is a Lightning Hull - they are made at Eagle farm in Brissy - she's not new - probably about 6ish years old but she's got a new donk.

Lightning have got a terrible website at http://users.bigpond.com/efmf/

They do make a nice centre cabin nowdays.

Kev, - sorry mate wouldn't want to "taint" her with a Toyota. Not sure yours would tow it anyway ;D.

Greg I'll be in touch.

Thanks again to Phil for coming along for the ride.

Bugman

ken4159
16-06-2004, 04:30 AM
She looks good a float Brett, I think you'll be happpy with her (they all bang in the slop)
see you out there soner or later

Ken

northsboy
16-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Mate thats a top rig!!...Good work!

gavsgonefishing
16-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Brett apart from the obvious, what sort of electronics have you got??

bugman
17-06-2004, 04:36 AM
Gav to tell you the truth I'm unsure of the Hummingbird unit (I don't pick the boat up until this weekend and can't remember the model off hand)

It's a combined C-Map GPS and sounder. I've got a Furuno colour 668 to put in as well - two sounders are better than one surely - that's what I told the missus anyway.

Would you believe it's got a bloody old sea phone as well as a 27 meg. I've got a VHF at home that will be taking the sea phone's place.

I've got some serious reading to do on the manuals in the next few weeks - need a license to drive the bloody things and that doesn't even take into account the radar :-[

Brett

bugman
17-06-2004, 04:36 AM
Gav to tell you the truth I'm unsure of the Hummingbird unit (I don't pick the boat up until this weekend and can't remember the model off hand)

It's a combined C-Map GPS and sounder. I've got a Furuno colour 668 to put in as well - two sounders are better than one surely - that's what I told the missus anyway.

Would you believe it's got a bloody old sea phone as well as a 27 meg. I've got a VHF at home that will be taking the sea phone's place.

I've got some serious reading to do on the manuals in the next few weeks - need a license to drive the bloody things and that doesn't even take into account the radar :-[

Brett