PDA

View Full Version : winch

opimax
19-06-2004, 01:37 PM
giday all
not happy with winch on trailer for beach work at the momet have 5/1 think i need a 10/1 for a speeder retrive(bloody shore dump), any brands that do the job would be a big help. lee

blaze
19-06-2004, 01:44 PM
I think it may be 3:1 you want, will make hard work of winding all but a small tinny in
cheers
blaze

Morlers
19-06-2004, 02:04 PM
10:1 means ten times winding to achieve one times retrieve...meaning a slower retrieve. Not what you are after. Blaze is right in saying a 3:1 but it will be harder to wind than your current 5:1. Hope that helps.

:) :)
Morlers

opimax
19-06-2004, 02:12 PM
thanks for your replys i need a winch that is fast & fairy easy i have a 575m glass boat & need to get it on trailer & out of the surf as quick as possable lee

blaze
19-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Probablely no help, but what about a drive on trailer. it is suprisingly easy to put some sort of protection on your trailer to firstly line up the v and then keep the keel in the middle of the trailer.
I dont beach launch very often but when i do, its off a beach straight into a channel and is better than a ramp as it drops straight off.
cheers
blaze

Needmorerum
19-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Again, not sure if this is going to be any help, but we launch my old mans 5 metre Top Ender off a beech all the time, actually it's the only place it gets launched as he lives on the beech. The trailer has a 5:1 and 1:1 option by changing over the handle. This enables us to get the initial pull onto the trailer using 1:1 and then swapping over to 5:1 to finish off the retrieve. If needed and the shore break is to much we get the boat on a far as possible with the 1:1, and as long as it is not still on the sand we then drive up the beech a little bit to get away from the waves and then finish pulling the boat up.
With the 4 metre tinney we just hook a stainless cable from the back of the tractor to the boat and drag it up out of harms way then scull drag the boat on. The joys of a smaller boat.

Hope this helps
Corry

snappa
19-06-2004, 07:02 PM
lee

ken works at special trailers at brendale

go see him and most likely get it at a good price????

they stock every thing for trailers ;D ;D
i have not moved the fishing gear for d/i still at the shed door
WAITING :o ;D