PDA

View Full Version : yalta craft odessa 6.15m

ali
19-06-2004, 09:17 PM
hello out there, I'm a first time user of this service and I'm needing some advice. after seeing a yalta craft odessa 2000 6.15m half/cab recently,I've fallen in love with this boat and I'm wanting to buy one. can anyone tell me if these boats are any good for off shore fishing and how they compare to other 20 footers.The one I saw sold the same day so if any one out there's got one they want to sell I'm very Interested.THANKS..

blaze
20-06-2004, 03:58 AM
hi ali
welcome to the site, there is a wealth of knowlegde out there and i am sure someone on this site will have some experience with the yalta, I have only read reports on them and they read well. the best idea would be if you could take a demo in one on a shitty day cause all boat perform well on a flat sea
hope you find what you are looking for
cheers
blaze

aido
20-06-2004, 06:05 AM
i've spent a fair bit of time in this odessa2000, they are a top boat.
this one had a 150hp yammaha, which really was a good match.
handling in seas up to two metres was impressive and the hull is
a solid son of a gun that could even slide down a concrete ramp
into the drink, i kid you not. tough, tough tough.

http://users.tpg.com.au/adessaix/odessa.jpg
seems to be good buys in the 18-20 thousand range.

a mate has an odessa 189, its a great boat too.
but the 2000 has the edge for fishing room and offshore handling.
you won't be sorry. make sure the motors good to go though.

aido.

ali
21-06-2004, 09:27 PM
thanks for the welcome and the advice guys! more is welcome. ali.

megafish71
22-06-2004, 03:45 AM
G'day Ali
I own a Yalta Odessa 615 and I am more than happy with the offshore performance of this hull. Before I bought this boat I water tested it and a Haines Hunter and Haines Sig all on the same day. With a stiff 20knot south easter blowing, the Haines Hunter and Yalta both handled the conditions very well, however the Haines sig seamed to be to light and tendered to bounce around alot. The Yalta appealed to me more than the Haines Hunter as its a no frills boat and as I was after a boat for fishing not treating mum and the kids to all kinds of fancy bells and whistles. I have powered it with a 200hp 4 stroke yamy and this is an excellent match but any thing over 150hp should work well on this hull. If you have any questions don,t hesitate to ask.
Cheers Ron