PDA

View Full Version : 27meg Radio stations

Billo
23-06-2004, 07:06 AM
fellas ...another radio question .
got a 27meg kitted up at the moment ( will look at VHF later ) and wanted to know which channels i should be looking at getting .
I used to use a CB when i was a kid , i take it the same principal applies where you buy the crystal for the frequency ?

what are the most used channels around this area ( Moreton bay )? just for chatter on where the fish are and general riff raff ...

Streaker
23-06-2004, 08:27 AM
Billo
You don't need to buy a crystal all the chennals are loaded
the emergency call channel is 88 and it depends on what end of the bay you wish to log in what channel you need to monitor some are on 90 and others on 91. If your'e unsure call them on 88 first and asked them for their call channel. I hope this helps.
Wayne

Billo
23-06-2004, 08:51 AM
yeh , any info helps...i've never actually used them before ..i know how to call an emergency , thats the important bit i guess , but i don't know what you can and can't do on that channel .
is three a standard way of calling someone ?

landy1
23-06-2004, 12:15 PM
G'day Billo, if calling in use you boat name and the amount of people on board and your expected time of return and destination. Otherwise just switch yours on and have a listen to what the other craft are doing.
cheers
Mick

SeaSaw
23-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Hi Billo,

If you are looking for all the protocols on using VHF & 27 meg radios it is worth reading the manual on the attached link - you need acrobat reader to follow this link

http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/handbook/handbook2003.pdf

This manual is the handbook you study get your VHF Licence. The protocols on 27 meg are identical. Appendix 3 also provides the designated purpose for all channels. Hope this helps.

Mark

boatboy50
24-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Hey Guys,
Sounds like youve got one of those nasty radios with channels 1,2,3,4 ect. Youll need to work out which channel is which.
27 meg has 82,86,88,90,91,94,96. I think thats it. Here is the run down
88 Primary emergency channel - dont use except for prior calling or emergency
86 Secondary emergency Channel same as above
90,91 - General calling channel for raising VMR units for log on/off - not for general chit chat Northern Brissie units use 90, southern use 91
All other channels are cool for general chit chat between boats. You can raise them on 90,91 first, then go to others for chat.
Hiope this helps all
Regards
Darren