PDA

View Full Version : quintrex reef raider

reefraider_II
01-07-2004, 06:06 PM
hey fellas just bought one ,just wondering who has or had one or even sen them or how you think they perform.Mine has a 115 merc it is 5.4m not including pod same pic as the avtar just after opinions

bj
03-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Reefraider, I owned one a few years ago and sorry to say it, I found it to be very unstable for a boat 17ft or so long.Springwood Marine set it up and they did a terrible job and always had steering trouble.I had a 90hp Mercury fitted and I found the motor a good match so yours should really fly.I took it back and got them to lift the motor one hole and that made it a better boat but unstable.The steering cable was relaced but was never good. They called it a Trophy model and not long after I had it the aluminium tube to the bimini top needed welding and also the console needed welding all on a new boat.I ended up trading it on a 680Haines Hunter,after 11 months. Sorry I am not positive.

reefraider_II
03-07-2004, 05:34 PM
thats cool had it out in some rough water and it seems to handle it ok well as good as a tinnie does but will post a report on it as time goes on

bj
04-07-2004, 05:06 AM
Mate,don't get me wrong I had no complaints about it,s ability only the stability. The steering was never any good but that was a fit up problem that was never successfully fixed,after a couple of steering cables that were fitted,so never really found out what the trouble was. Had it off shore a few times when conditions were right.