PDA

View Full Version : Thebuffalo update

Thebuffalo
30-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Yes I know I have been absent for some time, however I have had a new lease of life so I thought I would share some news and give you lot a bit of an update, especially Kev and Blaze.

Kev I have gone with your idea and am in the process of having a three hundred litre underfloor tank made as we speak. I have gone off the idea of the two above floor tanks. I have to cut up the floor though which I have already painted so am not happy. I am sure the stability of the boat will be worth it.

The motor (new 200 EFI Merc) has been bought and payed for, finally, this has been a bit of a pain and has put me off playing with 'her' for some time.

I have managed to buy everything that I need over the last few months ie. saftey gear, hydraulic steering, paint etc etc.

The only thing I need now is a good fuel filter and the lines to go in.

I WILL paint this weekend (hope it doesn't rain).

Kev I think three weeks from now would be good. Can I start again?

Later

Thebuffalo

blaze
30-06-2004, 03:45 PM
your humbling excuses accepted buffalo, good to see ya back with us, i think we are in our right to expect more pics LOL

2 weeks 6 days and 23 hours and a few minutes

not that we are keeping track of time mate, just think you got the better end of the deal last time
Hope the rain holds off for you (enough in tassie for all at the moment)
GO THE BUFFALO
cheers
blaze

blaze
30-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Second thoughts
I think you will be more than pleased with the fuel down low, gotta be a lot safer
cheers
blaze

Thebuffalo
01-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Middle of next month or BUST. I have holidays and no excuses left. The weather is mighty fine up here at the moment, almost as cold as Tassie. Was down to 19 the other night. Pics wil be posted on Friday, Sat and Sunday, all going well.

Watch this space. :) :)

Thebuffalo.

blaze
01-07-2004, 04:42 PM
19 i would nearly kill for, a bloody wet 6.5 here and dropping
cheers
blaze

Cheech
01-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Blaze, I think he was talking about the bottom temperature, not the top. :(

I was not registered when the buffalo rebuild started, but was certainly watching. Interested to see it finally gettng a run.

but I expect a couple more of " started raining, or , this unexpected thing came up".

sounds pretty good though so pretty soon I think we will all start getting jealous of buffalo reports.

Cheech

blaze
01-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Hi Cheech
She a fine looking boat and aptly named, look foward to the finished pics, as all rebuilds they take time, blood, sweat and tears and from all reports, buffalo has taken his time, time, time (sorry about the stutter), but she will come up trumps
cheers
blaze
ps
3 days 23 hours 7 min and 23 secs
sure thats right
and buffalo if ya reading this ya should be working

Big_Kev
02-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Three weeks from now should see it hit the water in time for Christmas.
We will be hanging out to see these pics Buff, and to put the tank down low is a good idea for sure. Just make the connection to the fillers good, don't want any fuel sloshing about under the floor.
Cheers Kev. :) :)

Big_Kev
02-07-2004, 03:43 PM
I gotta get a job like you. Holidays all the time. ;D

Thebuffalo
02-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Holidays all the time my arse :D. I know I deserve the comments that I have received to date so I won't bite too hard.

A master piece takes time. I have the pieces to my little puzzle so it's just a matter of putting it all in place.

Cheech, I was talking about the bottom temp. Good to hear from you. Comming in late is probably the best time, Blaze and Kev have learnt to take whatever I say about progress with a grain of salt.

Beware of the focused Buffalo thats all I will say. Tomorrow I will drill a few holes and then scrub her down for Saturday's first paint. White will go down on the bow and transom Sat and then Sunday will be the Royal Blue inside the dash and down the sides.

Floor and motor the following weekend. Fuel tank and Hydraulic steering. ;D ;D ;D ;D

By the way cracker night is tonight, alll the dogs and kids are going ape.

Later

Thebuffalo.

Thebuffalo
03-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Progressing well. Only have a boring picture of the inside so it's not worth the effort of posting. Paint tomorrow. :). Did all of the cutting and welding for the tank to go in under the floor. Should fit well, wasn't the pain I thought it would be. The cost of the tank was though, $1000 for 310lt, yours was much cheaper Blaze from memory, 70 lt was a couple of hundred wasn't it?

Later.

Big_Kev
04-07-2004, 01:11 AM
Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way.LOL ;D ;D ;D
Kev :-X :-X :-X

blaze
04-07-2004, 10:18 AM
$450 from memory
cheers
blaze

Thebuffalo
04-07-2004, 05:18 PM
The white paint went on without a hitch. Blue tomorrow and then a week back at work and the floor to go in after the tank. Pick up the motor early next week and then the fun really starts. Still have a couple of things to sort, ie the front glass which I had cut for the centre panel in the windscreen which doubles as a door. Toughened glass which was cut about 10mm to wide. It was that long ago I don't know if I gave them the wrong measurements or I stuffed it.
Kev I know you Queenslanders are a bit slow but I thought you would have been more advanced than Christmas by now. You know it's time to do your tax don't ya? :D :D.
How long does it take two pac marine paint to cure, ie: to rip the masking tape off without it lifting?
I will try it tomorrow but am preparing myself for disappointment.

Thebuffalo

Big_Kev
05-07-2004, 03:22 AM
Hope you put the hardener in the paint Buff.
As for tax,#@$%^&*. I hate paying so much tax.
Happy easter Kev.

Thebuffalo
05-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Yes, Happy Easter Kev. Didn't do the blue coat today, thought about it and decided to make sure the paint went off properly. The old girl is starting to look like a boat now.
Flat batteries in the digital camera thanks to my boy's making home movies of themselves falling off their skateboards.

Beleive me? Pick up the motor this week regardless. Can you tilt an outbaord without the loom all hooked up? The reason I ask is I want to bolt it on at the shop to transport it home. I will do the setup and they will prime and start it etc.

Have a good week. I have to do a five day motorbike course for work, hopefully I won't break my leg.......

Big_Kev
05-07-2004, 04:31 PM
You should be able to bolt it on and connect the battery tempory to tilt it up.
Pics please we are waiting.
Cheers Kev.

Thebuffalo
07-07-2004, 03:12 PM
Pick up the motor on tuesday next week, will have the paint done so all will look the part and make the pictures worthwhile Kev. Can you beleive the bloke at the dealership is going to charge me an hours labour just to bolt the motor on, I will set it all up etc. His reason is he say's is because he only sold the motor to me at a crated price. Good to see we are off to a good start. He has a bit of a reputation up here.

Q. Do you have to use the merc didtributor or can you use a qualified merc technician ie: warranty, first start etc? Let me know before I start shooting my mouth off will you.

Cheers