PDA

View Full Version : USED BOAT CHECK

SCOTTYGC
29-06-2004, 06:02 PM
I am now in the process of looking at second hand boats, most likely a private sale and looking for someone to look over any boats i might have my eye on ie:check motor,and hull and do a report on said boat

Is there someone who dose this ?
Need someone around the Gold Coast area
any ideas?
did see i guy advertised in the local paper some time ago but he hasent advertised latley
any advice would be a great help
thanks
scotty ???

drevil
30-06-2004, 03:43 AM
In the past I have taken a mate along for a look and if it makes the first pass, I'll arrange to take it to either my local service guy in Brisbane. If it's outside the Brissy area, I'll find out what reputable outfits there are near the boat so the present owner doesn't have to take it too far.

My last boat came from the Wynnum area and I organised the boat's owner to take it to Wynnum marine - it cost about $50 but they gave it a thorough going over with a written report. Worth the money I reckon.

nhoj
30-06-2004, 04:48 AM
When I purchased my last boat I had Stuart from Coomera Outboard and Marine, 07 5529 9244, look over it for me. He ran the engine, compression check, electrics almost everything, checked transom and general boat condition. Since then I have always had it serviced there and never had a problem.
Best of luck. Nodj

SCOTTYGC
06-07-2004, 08:51 AM
thanks guys
anybody else?

MTpockets
06-07-2004, 09:40 AM
Your on the right track. I always had my boats checked out before buying and never had a problem really. Depending on where you live, I wouldnt go past Yatala Marine, or Logan river Marine.
cheers
Les

SCOTTYGC
09-07-2004, 05:04 AM
Do any of the above , Do house calls?