PDA

View Full Version : Striping & Stickers advice

SeaSaw
05-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Hi all,

I just got the canopy redone. Thanks to those who provided advice on good canopy makers. I ended up using Justin from Brisbane Boat Trim and he was great, and did a top class job. Special thanks to Dazza for letting me check out his canopy and pinch some ideas - I have attached a picture of the results.

Rather than sticking with a red canopy, I decided to go with black. To tie the colour in a bit I also want to redo the boat name and numbers in black (instead of red) and put some more striping on. Has anyone used someone for this kind of work that they are really happy with (Brisbane northside to sunshine coast).

Thanks Heaps.

Mark

DR
06-07-2004, 01:12 PM
SeaSaw, most reputable sign companies should be able to do something for you. give them a nice clean side on photo & they should be able to overlay ideas so that you can see what it will look like on the boat

dazza
06-07-2004, 04:40 PM
hi mark,
looks good, like the bit of shade out the back, nice and high too ;D
cheers
dazza

HAZ
08-07-2004, 07:25 AM
Hi Mark.
Looks great !!
Does the back section fold up out of the way too ?
I need to replace my canopy shortly so without being too nosey how much should I expect to pay for a similar setup ?
Thanks.
HAZ :)

hero
08-07-2004, 10:55 AM
may I ask how much it cost Mark?

SeaSaw
08-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Haz & Hero,

I got a couple of prices and and found that it was generally between $600 & $700 for a bimini and clears. Most places were about the same and it came down to recommendations from others on who does a good quality job. Black costs more than other colours although only about $50 more in total so it is not that much more.

Add another $300 for the back section (in black). The back section can be removed but doesn't fold. It also has a large curved zip in it to provide access to the rod holders up on top.

Mark

boatboy50
10-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Hey,
Just about to put a very similar canopy on the southwind.
Have been quoted $1000 cash for pretty much the same setup including extension, but probs a bit wider than yours.
Is yours made of sunbrella material, just trying to find the difference in price?

SeaSaw
10-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Boatboy,

$1,000 sounds about right - Maybe my above post wasn't all that clear. The quotes I got were $600 - $700 for bimini and clears and extra $300 for extention. The total cost was around $1,000 all up.

Mark

searaider
10-07-2004, 05:42 PM
SeaSaw ,
Giday Mark she's looking good , I like the idea of the ducktail section on the back .

Peter
Searaider 2

Abalone_4.9
15-07-2004, 07:40 AM
G'day SeaSaw,
Love the canopy, it's exactly what Ive been looking to do with my boat.
I've been across to BBT just for some advice.
Might Ask for a quote on the same design as your.
Do ya mind if I print the pic of your cover ??

SeaSaw
15-07-2004, 05:09 PM
No problems Abalone. Justine at BBT should have photos anyway as he took some shots of the job. I was really happy with the job and the advice I got.

Hope you get good service from him also.

Cheers,

Mark