PDA

View Full Version : Smart Tabs????????

stacer_seagull
10-07-2004, 05:58 AM
Hi guys, was just wondering if any of you have heard of smart tabs, i have read about them in another site, and when i rang a couple of boat dealers, they didnt know what i was talking about. from what i can gather they help with getting on the plane and cavitation, and are a step up from a foil......
Cheers Brad

propdinger
10-07-2004, 12:30 PM
mate i have seen some at lesuire marine at capalaba they were around $350

the way they work is at rest they are all the way down and as you start moving they push the boat on the plane and they then fold up so at cruise speed they are not interfering with any balance of the hull

not a bad idea but i would much prefer trim tabs so you get more use out of them but they are alot cheaper than tabs

jeff

ken4159
12-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Brad, I went to BIAS to day they have them listed do not have a price yet
will let you know when i find out.

Ken

NQCairns
12-07-2004, 07:50 PM
I recon they are great from what I have read, I have then on the list for my top to bottom fitout of a boat. I will go the Bennet's trim tabs first but if the boat budget gets stretched the Nauticus smart tabs will be on the first plane from the US instead.

Have you checked out www.iboats.com they have them listed in the marine parts shop somewhere. nq

PS my only reservation about them is that they cannot be remotly retracted when trying to design a drift outside when there is a bit of current and wind.

stacer_seagull
13-07-2004, 04:34 AM
thanx for the info guys, will do a bit more reading on iboats.

davo
15-07-2004, 06:39 PM
My father has a set at his place. He had an AMM 4.5 m boat built and the builder put them on without telling him?????????

Anyway the boat didn't need them so for $150 you can have them. They are in as new condition and we live bayside in Brisbane.

stacer_seagull
16-07-2004, 04:33 AM
cheers davo, but i am having the motor raised as i dont think it is set up correct, so i will go with this and then look at either putting the foil back on and then maybe smart tabs, but cheers anyway
brad