PDA

View Full Version : Petrol blended with ethanol

ross_woody
20-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Hey Guys, Better keep an eye out for this. Forgot all the details, but I sure that outboards dont perform that well on this blend.

RACQ wants freedom of choice for motorists
The Royal Automobile Club of Queensland (RACQ) is concerned the Queensland Government may force consumers to use petrol blended with ethanol.

RACQ chief executive Alan Terry says the Government has been unclear about how it plans to introduce ethanol-blended fuel (E10) into the market.

Mr Terry says E10 is not suitable for many cars and motorists could also be left with the cost burden of extra fuel consumption.

He says many motorists can use E10 without any problem but unblended fuel should remain available.

"We opt for freedom of choice," he said.

"We think that ethanol-blend should be available for those who want to buy it and, expressing freedom of choice, those that want to use straight fuel as current should have that option."

aido
20-07-2004, 05:45 PM
i wish they would stop fiddling our fuel.
recent fuel blending disasters like the tainted diesel
and the avgas fiasco's come to mind.
stuffed heaps of injection systems/pumps and fuel
tank/supply systems respectively.

it seems accepted that many outboard fuel system
components will prematurely deteriorate/fail with the
use of vegetable based fuel additives.
farmers should stick to products for human consumption imho.
i won't be feeding any gasohol to my motors.

megafish71
20-07-2004, 05:56 PM
I agree, I certainly won't be running any of that E10 fuel in my new outboard. >:( >:(

The_Walrus
20-07-2004, 10:08 PM
The Qld govt is pushing ethanol in fuel as a rescue package for the sugar industry and does not care about the fact that the ethanol blended fuel would cost more, increase fuel consumption and create problems for certain users.

Luc

blaze
21-07-2004, 05:51 AM
maybe the gov is pushin ethonol blend cause they feel sorry for the humble mechanic and release that he needs an income boost
cheers
blaze

ross_woody
21-07-2004, 12:50 PM
If it goes ahead, who will pay for our outboard repairs. I brought low sulpher Diesel for my car. I was lucky the supplier paid the $1000 cost for my fuel pump.