PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Motor Servicing

Black_Rat
22-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi,

I pick up my new rig on Tuesday [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] and was wondering where the best place to get my new Merc serviced (prefferably on the Northside of Bris-Vegas). Having not previously owned a Merc before I was wondering where anyone would recommend for quality servicing at the right price ???

Jeremy
22-07-2004, 08:48 AM
So is it a 'NEW' rig, or new second hand? If it is NEW, then wouldn't you get it serviced where you bought it? Mercury dealer.

I have used Holt marine at Everton Hills before ad they are OK. The only reason I don't go there now is because they aren't a yamaha dealer and can't do warranty work for me.

Jeremy

Black_Rat
22-07-2004, 08:55 AM
Jeremy,

Yeah it's brand spankin NEW and the dealer dosen't conduct servicing 'in house' as they offer both Yammies and Mercs on there packages and aren't really affiliated with one particular brand, so i'll need to find somewhere. Cheers [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]will sus out, do they do Merc warranty servicing ??

Black_Rat
22-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Hi all,

Just moving up, only known dealers known to me are Northside Marine & Springwood Marine. Any plugs for your Merc dealer ?? Cheers [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

craigie
23-07-2004, 01:10 PM
G'day Black Rat,

Just booked my 115 Opti in for it's 100 hour service at Coorparoo Marine (southside, close to the city). This is the dealer from which I originally purchased the Merc.
I've got no idea on there pricing, will give some feedback next week when I collect my goods. Am expecting it to be around the $500 - $600 mark, hopefully less :-/.

Cheers
Craigie.

bungie
23-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Creek Marine at Enoogara

Black_Rat
24-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys,

Did a ring around for a quote on a 20 hr services today & all where pretty competitive. Haven't rung Cooparoo or Creek Marine but will do. Good luck cragie, hope you don't get stung too hard. :o

Black_Rat.

craigie
06-08-2004, 10:20 AM
G'day Black-Rat,

Have now had my 115 hp Opti put through the 100 hr service.
Picked the boat up last week and was pleasantly surprised when handed the bill.
Total cost was $369 :D, this was roughly broken down into, Labour $265 and parts just under the $100. The most expensive part replaced was the Impeller which was $25-90.
I was told that the spark plugs are very expensive but will last 200 hrs, so it would appear that the next service will be a bit steeper.

Probably also worth mentioning that I didn't replace the filter for the fuel tank, as this can sometimes add 50 bucks on to the bill. I have however replaced a "Spin-on" Filter that cost $16-80, I figure that's the one under the cowl :-/.

At the end of the day, Coorparoo Marine have been fair and reasonable and I'll continue to use them.

Cheers Craigie.