PDA

View Full Version : webster twin hull info

propdinger
09-08-2004, 01:22 PM
has anyone had one got one or a mate with one i am very interested in how they ride handle etc. i have been told that with one motor they aint as good as a cat style with 2 motors but i have seen one and he had no trouble turning or driving it on trailer.
any info good or bad
oh and im looking at the 4.7mtr or the 5.2mtr

thanks
jeff

Smithy
11-08-2004, 07:46 AM
They are great boats. #A mate of mine, Matthew Mott is on his second one for chartering. #First one was a 4.3 and this one is a 4.6. #He is nearly signed up for a 5.2 and could have bought anything he wanted but he is going for the Webster again. #Can't beat the stability, ride, layout in a small boat for taking customers out so they feel safe and aren't belted around. #They also drift really good with the twin hulls. #It would drift slower than my 3.7m tinny with a drift anchor out.

propdinger
11-08-2004, 09:17 AM
thanks smithy i didnt even think about mathew mott and i have seen his boat many times at Bjelke oh well looks like another trip upto bjelke and get him to charter me around ;) and have a ride in his boat

cheers
jeff

DR
11-08-2004, 12:02 PM
I have a 4.3 cc, love it..very happy with it. does everything i need.

does trailerboat marine @ Manly still sell Websters.

am sure if you get in contact with Websters in Orange they will tell you your closest dealer

propdinger
11-08-2004, 02:09 PM
DR
i have emailed websters to find out who sells them around the bayside but as yet no reply.. where do you fish with yours and what type of motor do you have on it???

thanks
jeff

12-08-2004, 05:11 PM
I checked out a webster PC 4.3m bassmaster awhile back setup fairly well for lure fishing with a spotless 50 Tohat on the back. It was a private sale when i viewed it but is now on consignment (saw it while driving past) in the boat shop at Runaway bay marina.