PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance X97 Woes

Peter_J
13-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Recently purchased and installed a new Lowrance X97 and am having a few problems >:( >:(
Everything is sweet for a while and functioning ok but after 10-15 mins it starts to tell me I'm in anywhere between 127-242m of water (can't be that deep in the river ;D) the screen starts to go haywire and then stops scrolling :'( :'(

Only way to fix it is to power down and restart it. This becomes a real pain when you have to do it every 10mins or so. Before I send it back to the factory to check out is there anything I should be looking at ??? ??? (and don't tell me Humminbird)

PJ

Big_Kev
13-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Sounds like it is R o o t e d.

Big_Kev
13-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Nothijng wrong with Lowrance but. Good choice just sounds like this one may have missed the quality control.
Send it back and you will more tha likely get a new one.

Moffy
14-08-2004, 09:46 AM
check your power supply is good and clean (i.e constant voltage) - sometimes this can cause problems. otherwise sounds like it could be a warranty job.

littlejim
14-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Agree with Moffy.

Take out the power plug, put a bit of WD40 in both bits, work it in and out a few times. Might fix the problem. Cross fingers too!

Hagar
15-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Peter
Bugga - don't you hate it when it happens to a brand spanker.
Agree with checking the power supply is good and well connected . A couple of things to do if you have not already done them.

When it goes haywire stop the boat and if it comes good it may be the transducer just losing good water contact .

Not familiar with the X97 buttons but there is a way to re -boot all Lowrance sounders to reset the memory . Ring the customer support number on the website and speak to a tech who will run you thru a couple of simple things to try before you gotta send it back and can't go fishing while it's away . I love my x85 but it too died when new . Where do they make them - Outer Chezbakistan ? [smiley=huh2.gif]

Chris

davo
15-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Most of the microprocessor based electronics either dies in the first week or runs for ever. A word of warning though. I was once a Lowrance fan but myself and four other blokes I know had the complete run around from them. The end result was that none of us use them anymore. Hopefully Lowrance's service division has improved since those horror days

Needmorerum
16-08-2004, 05:44 PM
My X47EX played up when new, it would switch over to simulator mode after about 5 mins. Took me an hour sitting on a mud bank in the middle of the river at low tide to work it out. Took it back and without a question asked it was replaced with a new one. That is now 12 months old and spot on.

Corry