PDA

View Full Version : boat storage

bazzavic
21-08-2004, 01:42 PM
does any one dry dock and how do you find it? im looking at getting my boat out the the garage to make her indoors happy again :) i like the idea of they launch and retrieve and wash the boat while i can sink a few frothies

dazza
23-08-2004, 10:49 AM
hi baz,
wouldn't do anything else. have had our boat in dry storage for years. best thing is you can get the boat put in the night before for a nice early start the next morning. don't have to fight the masses at the boat ramp. and boat is stored under cover the marina that i use will give the boat a quick wash down and flush the motor. mainly to stop salt water dripping over other boats.
has also lengthened the life of our trailer. only trailer it a few times a year, so the trailer stays in pretty good nick.
i think we probaby use the boat more, because it is so easy. there are times that if i had to tow it to the ramp etc i wouldn't have bothered, but at the marina it is no problems.
cheers
dazza

ba229
23-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Any indication of what it costs per year to store a boat?

nisrol
23-08-2004, 06:01 PM
hey bazzavic
got mine stored at stapleton at a transport storage yard cost around $20 per week and i would not like to tangle with there gaurd dog can give you the details if you want to pm me ok :D ;)