PDA

View Full Version : Polycraft 4.1 Rod Lockers

Bubba_WA
01-09-2004, 06:24 AM
Hi All,
I am just about to take delivery of a nice purple 4.1 Poly Side Console and would like to fit rod lockers to it.
I have seen a few pictures in older posts with rod lockers but would like some detailed pictures if possible for all angles please?
Also the anchor well has been covered by quite a few people. Could I possibly get some detail shots on what has been done there also?
Looking forward to joining the tuppaware tinnie club :)

basserman
01-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Bubba i'm in the processe of getting some more detailed pics of the rod locker and genral set up of my mate 4.1 poly (bloody tupperwear) Bream/Bass boat so just email me and i will also send you the pics (when i get up of my bum to get them)of the whole set up ;D

Thebuffalo
01-09-2004, 02:11 PM
purple......... you will certainly not mistake youe boat for someone elses at the ramp :D. Can you remember when the old fairlanes and fairmonts etc came out in purple? It's a classis colour, Lime green is making a comeback too for what it's worth! Post us a pic will you.

Cheers

gif
01-09-2004, 04:01 PM
hi

email me your email address #- I have a collection of photos that may help. # g.fooks@uq.net.au #

My collection is only missing one photo #- the front of the rod locker, where the rod tips are. # I am tempted to suggest a set of tubes #- scabbards for the rod tips. # #In Ranger Boats #( US $40,000 bass boats) #you see a sort of plate with about 8 tubes - which looks to me like the top of a golf bag #- the slots where the golf clubs are shove in. # #There is an idea there somewhere. # #

The guys mostly use Ply and carpet #for the fitouts. # #Let me #suggest you consider doing some parts in plastic. # #I used a company at Morningside ( Brisbane) that did a great job. # regrettably only in black, but seeing they do fabricating my job was cheap of-cuts. # They then plastic weld it in place. #

They were cautious # - and welded a test sample first. #We then tried to destroy the test sample # - and we couldn't get the joint to break.

IDEA: # The front bins make great, easily plumbed live wells. #But they are a lot of weight, fwd of the centre of gravity. # One idea given to me was to put a plastic live well aft of the front deck - which is then ply / carpet covered by the extended front casting deck. #A trolling battery and plumbing could fit between the sides of the well and the sides of the boat. # #Leaving the front bins for storage.

- This live well would then be the support required to support the deck.

- The floor plate would need to be cut shorter #- as it would not otherwise be removable

- This would leave the front bin free to take the fwd end of a long #rod locker: #not cut open to weaken the structure – but my golf club rod tips #( photo)

Any thoughts from Poly owners? # would the live well be better if placed closer to the centre?

Cheers

Gary

PS I cant get the photo to post look it up yourself at http://www.rangerboats.com/pages/boats/z21.cfm and click on the photo of the deck - right of group of 3

Bubba_WA
01-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Any pics would be appriciated.
The idea of the purple was to stand out. Im sick of all the white or blue Hornets in the WA Bream scene. The only thing that im bummed about is I couldnt get a purple matching 50hp Yam 4st so I went with the grey :)

basserman
08-09-2004, 04:51 PM
this is for gary and bubba and anyone else that is intrested
1 anchor hatch with the bow mount quick release

basserman
08-09-2004, 04:53 PM
the frount with modified bow rail to fit leccy

basserman
08-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Rear to frount shot
boat is fully carpeted and set up for lure fishing

basserman
08-09-2004, 04:57 PM
base of the rod locker
it is simpliy made from ply wood cut to fit the hull shape from transom to bow sloted into the molded ridges and secured with some alloy angle and grub screws

basserman
08-09-2004, 05:01 PM
length shot of the inside of rod locker

basserman
08-09-2004, 05:03 PM
close up of the holes the tips fit into
we are planeing to use some old straght rod holders to ensure the rods are secure and safe
also planning on putting more rod holers on the other side

basserman
08-09-2004, 05:05 PM
and last one is of how it all looks when closed
this is a great and simple system and is strong enoght to be walked on when chaseing a fish around the boat ;D

Bubba_WA
09-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Thats exactly what im lookin for. Cheers mate... Mine is here any day now so I can get onto it.
Rod from Access actually gave me a different idea for the rod placement in your rodlocker setup. Rather than cut into the front like you have, cut into the rear section and set some tubes or similar there.. Think that would work?

basserman
09-09-2004, 01:08 PM
depends on the lenght of the rods we cut it at the frount so we could fit longer. But then again can't see why you couldn't cut both frount and back that way the roods arin't all faceing the same way
the biggest thing we have found is when it is full (say over six rods) with rigged rods they can get caught on each other at times ;D
we are hopeing the tubes will sort that out