PDA

View Full Version : Alloy mods for quintrex

mr_phishy
03-09-2004, 06:15 PM
I want to make a neat looking, strong box for my quintrex 4.45m open boat to mount my upgraded sounder on.

The idea is very simple but i dont want to pay top dollar for a dodgy job i could do myself.

This job would require some welding, any reputable/recomended people in redlands area?

I believe the quintrex factory actually make a box to suit my needs but might be $$$ any ideas or spare alluminum would be great!

Mick

Needmorerum
06-09-2004, 04:34 PM
Hey Mick, drop into any of the metal recyclers, you'll find that they will have scraps of Ally and that lying around that they don't charge to much for. You can polish it up at home with some Autosol from any auto joint, Autobarn, Supercheap etc.
For the welding, if you can mark it out where you want the bends, most sheetmetal workers will do this for not much at all, and then you can approach any of the fab shops or the sheetmetal shops for the welding, again, I'm not sure what they will charge you for it, but I wouldn't expect it to be too much.
I can't help with who to go to for this stuff, if you were up here in Gladstone I probably could, but I would suggest it would be just a matter of picking up the phone book and letting the fingers do the walking.

Hope this helps
Corry

mr_phishy
09-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks cory

I think i have decided to make a wooded box and glass it! Might take a bit longer, but should do the job for less! and im on a budget ha ha now anyway

Cheers
Mick