PDA

View Full Version : NEW TRAILER ADVICE

Martin_C
09-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Hi Folks

Advice time again!!!!
I have a centre console 4.3 Seajay, my problem is that boat and current trailer weigh in @700kg. When we go camping the boat weighs a lot more and doesn't feel to safe.
I am looking at buying a new trailer, one with hydraulic brakes, my question is

Does anyone have any advice on which are the better trailers to buy?

Any known issues with the common type trailers ie. redco, sealink etc?

Any good deals going or best place to get a deal

Any help would be appreciated
Regards
Martin

Hagar
09-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Martin
I will kick it off by saying I have no real complaints with my Dunbier trailer . It's a pretty competitive business so I reckon most brands will be priced around the same . The difference in prices come mainly from the spec. of trailer e.g. multi roller , keel roller & skids etc .

Chris

Martin_C
11-09-2004, 05:17 AM
Hi Guys

Thanks for the advice on the trailer.
After four long days of searching & looking at trailers I found one, only to be let down by the dealer who said he wouldn't supply as promised!!! Northside dealer?????

Well the search continued, my dilema was that I have relatives over and since we go camping the boat and trailer weight was well over the 750kg mark, so i needed a new trailer with manual disk brakes quick(like in a few days)....

Best part is no marine dealers carry extra stock, they say at least 2-4 weeks delivery for a trailer, seems to be more boats than trailers around..
So delivery is next Weds or before, then back upto Inskip...

I'll be posting an advert to sell my trailer in the for sale section if anyone is interested

Regards
Martin