PDA

View Full Version : triler modification ..update no 1 ..

snappa
22-08-2004, 11:18 AM
thanks kerry
just what the doctor ordered.
i have a pic of the back and was just outside and decided a roller was the go .. now where do you BUY rollers. the pins and lugs i can get made.?

draw bar has been modified and except for the bolt through the guts of new bar for hand brake. [will have to re -mod.] so i can fit a extendable down the middle..
holes to be tapped for the skids ... lowered the center bars and will fit a skids instead of rope to stop the slid from side to side ?.

axle to be picked up and fitted with new lugs [ears] to fit the mech. brake assembly. maybe new drums #
mud gaurds and other things are waiting to be sent to the gal'ers and collect next week for welding to trailer... #

snappa
22-08-2004, 11:20 AM
draw bar .. the hand brake bolt goes through the middle of bar. requires to mod. so a extendable draw bar can be fitted

snappa
22-08-2004, 11:24 AM
another.. :o axle is to be fitted with lugs for brakes ...
battery box gone and thinking about replacing the elect winch with a 10/1 hand winch ..mainly because i will be able [i hope] to drive the cat at less half way on. therefore only a small distant to winch.. less time with back of trailer in the surf #:o

snappa
22-08-2004, 02:55 PM
the back roller set up

snappa
28-08-2004, 10:03 AM
came across this trailer at waddy point with the roller set up at back .. looks the go for me.

snappa
28-08-2004, 10:06 AM
tyres .. low profile and wide to keep the height down and wide for sand driving...

snappa
28-08-2004, 10:08 AM
extendable draw bar set up... looks the go for me also..
go with the proven method by others ... ;D

Kerry
28-08-2004, 10:10 AM
came across this trailer at waddy point with the roller set up at back .. looks the go for me.

Snappa, notice anything else strange about the back of that trailer (apart from the rollers) that you will need to consider also #???.

Cheers, Kerry.

snappa
28-08-2004, 10:26 AM
sh** i hate exams.... ;D

maybe the side angles you are talking about.. ????

i will be putting side rail skids on the center frame to stop boat sliding ... :P how did i go ...passed

Kerry
28-08-2004, 10:44 AM
From where I sit somebody has given that tunnel guide quite a good wack (or deliberate customizing?) and bent it down and buckled the "only" support holding it up as well.

It also appears to be bent where it attaches to the trailer proper. Considering that's an alloy trailer it really doesn't take much to bend these things. The nasiest thing occurs when the guide snaps off and proceeds to customize the gelcoat on the inside of the tunnel.

On a beach launch trailer the tunnel coming down hard on the catcher guide is a distinct possibility. The guide should be gusseted where it attaches to the trailer as well as some additional supports and side braces.

Cheers, Kerry.

snappa
31-08-2004, 04:54 PM
update

new axle with the lugs welded on, new brake assembly and the brakes arrived late today so full bore to fit tomorrow... so i can tow the trailer to get the mud gaurds welded on....

getting closer for a "SNAPPA ATTACK"

-spiro-
31-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Hey snappa where's the first launch going to be?? I might bring a 6 pack down for the occasion. What about a real test down the Deception Bay mud flats. If you can launch it from there you will be able to launch it from anywhere ;D ;D ;D

snappa
01-09-2004, 06:25 AM
;D ;D
there's a conspiracy against me... not sure who ...
but today i was going to fit the axles and hubs....
IT'S RAINING would you believe ???

dazza
01-09-2004, 08:34 AM
snappa,
bloody hell mate, what have you done :( :(
first a lean run on the fish,
now it hasn't rained for 6 months and when you want to do a bit of work, down she comes.
hate to say it, but when you do get on the water thousands of fu#*ing grinners will be following you
might have to get a fen shui (spelling??) book ;D ;D ;D
cheers
dazza

snappa
02-09-2004, 03:58 AM
"it's still bloody raining"

Kerry
02-09-2004, 04:57 AM
"it's still bloody raining"

YES [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] bloody good hey :D

Cheers, Kerry.

snappa
03-09-2004, 04:32 AM
thursday :(
NOTHING

peewee
04-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Hey Snappa..they tell me the weather was great in Bangkok last week! :P

snappa
05-09-2004, 02:55 PM
the latest

boat back on trailer.. :o
one mis-calulation with front skid but i did prepare for it by having a adjustable plate ready where the front rubber roller was position.. ::)
only about 40/50 m clearence under gaurds :-/ but i think this will not be a problem ???
front top rollers to be replaced by "V" shaped things [ for a better name] ;D
only requires the side skids to be welded onto the frame..
[about 5m either side which will stop the boat from sliding side to side] .. but the boat has to come off again :(

the angle the of the skid and the angle of the front of boat looks like it will work perfect. ;D ;D
i'm not sure who mention it but there will be not way i can release the safety chair on the boat before getting in and starting the motors to hold boat. [smiley=laola.gif]
NO MORE DRIVING the car back and forward jaming on the brakes to slip the boat off

snappa
05-09-2004, 02:57 PM
another pic

instead of back roller a skid worked perfect ;D

snappa
05-09-2004, 03:01 PM
:o
photo of the side skid held in place untill welded..
not sure to have a longer skid ???
going the length of the boat or the one in the photo ???
any ideals ???

snappa
06-09-2004, 03:04 PM
decission made ;D
going the long skid because of the movement of the boat on the trailer... so its another week by the time it gets made and galvanised.and then wellded.. :( :-/

snappa
11-09-2004, 06:09 PM
trailer back today with the longer skid.
should hold the cat in place.

removed boat off trailer today but forgot i had crews heads above the skid forgot to countersink >:(
nice grove in the middle of hull on both sides **** :-/
off to get some gelcoat repair .. :(

snappa
12-09-2004, 05:17 PM
worked on trailer today to all most finished
wheel bearings and wire up the winch #;D

snappa
12-09-2004, 05:21 PM
:D
ready for a snappa attack ::)

now

whats the weather doing ???

snappa
14-09-2004, 08:34 AM
today was launch test
every thing worked to plan ;D ;D ;D

skids centered the boat coming on to the tailer this one using the winch

snappa
14-09-2004, 08:41 AM
drive on but a little rusty

comes off soooooooo easy now ;D
[smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]

snappa
14-09-2004, 08:44 AM
heres another one with the cat in the water ....
plenty on water under for launch ::)

snappa
14-09-2004, 09:43 AM
THE END
by snappa

searaider
14-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Snappa,
Top job in the photo's it looks like a brand new trailer . [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Peter
Searaider 2

bakes
14-09-2004, 03:08 PM
good stuff snappa good to see it all finished mate looks great to
bakes ;D