PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 yr old Poly tank, and it leaks

deb
27-09-2004, 11:58 AM
>:(
That will teach me for updating to a newer boat!
Can anyone recommend good plastic welders on the southside??
Have sent email to Sant Marine to see if its still under warranty, but then found the boat book and found it not :(

Big_Kev
27-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Jump up and down on the phone Deb.
Those things should last us out.
Cheers Kev. 8)

Needmorerum
27-09-2004, 03:47 PM
What size is the tank? Is it worth going through the hassle of having it welded up or would you be better off trying to replace it. I would probably suggest going back to the original supplier and asking them about it. Like Kev said, these things should be able to be handed down to your kids, and still be good to use.

Corry

deb
28-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Update!
Tank is out at C&P at slacks creek, the manufacturer of the boat to their credit so far, has sent me no less than 5 emails today, working out how it happened. Looks like the boats going back for a 'structural fix' :o The tank has cracked where you stand at the back. Now BBJ is large but really :D
On the left hand side it is 106mm from hull to floor support. On the right hand side its 111mm. . The floor has been resting/jamming whatever onto that side of the tank, something had to give and it wasn't the floor!
I'm off tripping around the state from tomorrow for work, so I will be looking forward to the manufacturer working out the solution!
Either the boat gets modified or the tank shrinks a bit in height ;)