PDA

View Full Version : ALLISON BOATS

bazzthebarra
15-09-2004, 03:19 PM
HI GUYS,
JUST LOOKING FOR SOME FEED BACK ON ALLISON FIBREGLASS BOATS. MY COUSIN IS LOOKING AT BUYING A 6.5M 2000 MODEL WITH A 130 HP MOTOR, NOT SURE WHAT TYPE. IS IT TRUE THAT THESE BOATS HAVE NO WOOD IN THEM AND THAT THIER STRINGERS ARE MADE FROM FIBREGLASS? SEEN PICTURES OF THE BAOT AND IT LOOKS FINE.
THANKS BAZZ

DALEPRICE
16-09-2004, 01:58 PM
gday mate, me and dad have a 195 angler wich is great but the man u really need to talk to is SEARAIDER 2 . pete where are you

searaider
16-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Hi Bazz ,
Just sent you back a reply to your PM .
ALLISONS ( I love em ).
As long as the motors Ok .
GO FOR IT YOU WONT BE SORRY . [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Peter
Searaider 2
Allison 195 Angler
+150 HPDI Yammi

bignick
03-10-2004, 09:37 PM
I've got a 189 Fisherman purchased new 8 months ago. I would stack it up against any of the "BIG BRAND" boats of a similar size. Safe as houses and rides soft and dry like it's on rails. Been through the factory and they are built like TANKS! There are 2 tiny bits of wood in them, but they are in nothing places and are that glassed over it doesn't matter. All stringers are fibreglass and these boats will not rot. They're as tough as nails yet, because of the way they are designed, they don't need monsterous horsepower to push them. only now starting to get a good foothold in Qld, but have been huge down South for years. DO IT!!!

Cheers,
BIGNICK.