PDA

View Full Version : Motorguide mounting

Doomy
14-10-2004, 03:08 PM
I am getting ready to fit my 54lb Motorguide to my Polycraft and have a couple questions.

The rubber mounts that come with the motor appear a bit flimsy to me. Did the motorguide owner use these or did they use straight bolts? (would require cutting a inspection hatch on a poly)
These appear to work like wall plugs pulling back behind the hull and expanding.

Any poly owners did you cut the bowrail to fit you electric?
Or run it between the front rails which is a tight fit and would foul the anchor rope?

Thanks guys
Doomy

Zeeke
14-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Sell it and get a Minn Kota ;) least then you can get the removable mount plate

I had one, piece of crap.. but anyways.. mounting.. recommend to have the bow rail shortened and a plate of some sort fitted and extended on the lefthand side so the motor when folded back, #lays to one side and doesnt extend out over your floor space restricting movement like on the front of this boat (plate was made for motorguide, minn kota brackets are shorter and a fraction wider.. use up less space..

http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/uploads/boatpic5.jpg

Tim

Bubba_WA
15-10-2004, 01:54 PM
I actually have a MG on my Poly and the standard mounting is fine. The nut inside the rubber housing pulls up causing a wedge

Doomy
16-10-2004, 04:24 AM
Thanks Bubba just what I wanted to hear as I dont want to cut a inspection hatch.

I'm going to cut the rail so it sits exactly where I want it rather than inbetween the rails where the anchorline runs.

Thanks for the picture Tim.