PDA

View Full Version : poly owners

gotherat
19-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Have a 4.1 poly and would appreciate any info/pictures on how people have plumbed their rear bait tank. Access and confinement of space is the real problem i am forseeing eg. once skin fittings attached to tank be very difficult to put tank back into rear 1/4.

The tank will have the inlet subsurfance.
Is it easier to have the overflow comming out the rear/side?

Any feedback from poly owners who have a live bait tank plumbed would be great.

Cheers

piscator
21-10-2004, 05:41 PM
I have the 4.55 CC and have a portable tank setup.

I cant really get the gist of your post in that it appears to me you want a tank inside one of the rear quarters that you can remove if you want to.... ???

Anyway, in regards to a "subsurface inlet", you maybe interested to know that I managed to get a 500 GPH Rule pump designed for live bait work to go through one of the existing bung holes in the transom. Bonus is double in that there are no new holes through the hull and if the pump breaks and starts introducing water into the hull I can simply screw the bung back in. ;D

My outlet is just a hose back over the transom next to the engine mount but your tank is this same height as the transom then that one wont work will it ;)

There's heaps in this forum on the subject, do a search and check it out, or hassle Brett Finger for for a few clues ;D

Cheers
Brett

gif
26-10-2004, 02:26 AM
Some #of your questions are a little difficult to answer in words.

I have fitted live wells to a 3.0 #4.5 an 4.1 #m #Poly #- but all to a large ( fwd) bin

My first concern is the tank having inlet sub surface.

Few pumps have a one way lock #- so when you switch off it will drain backwards # # # So a sub surface inlet becomes a drain. #- unless I misunderstood you.

Most inlets also want to spray water into the tank - increasing the oxygenation of the water.

The usual trick is to put an inspection hatch into the back of the anchor well #or into the opposite forward bin. # So you can get at the back of the live well. #Maybe you could do the same. # #In other words, put the fittings in once the tank is in place.

Inlet is 19mm piping

Out is 32mm #- that seems to work.

Side or back # - ? # back is neater # - but side takes the stale water further away from the inlet.

Give me a call #- # 0412 111 573

Cheers
Gary