PDA

View Full Version : Galeforce Boat Owners

perko
28-10-2004, 02:19 AM
Any one on the site got a 4.8 meter galeforce? Wondering what they are like. Soft, wet or dry, good finish?
Are they ok with a bowmount or are they too higher sided and get pushed around by the wind. Looking for the best allrounder for bass to tuna/mackeral etc. Any other ideas?

cheno
30-10-2004, 08:11 AM
g'day perko,

I looked seriously at the galeforce when I was in the market a couple of years back. They were pretty impressive. You would have no worries fitting a bowmount on the front but you would have to get and extended shaft drive.

Owing to the higher freeboard the windage will definitely be greater than in a low profile bass boat. However, because they are glass the windage may end up being similar to a lower profile pressed ally hull. I thought that they were pretty good value for the money if you don't miss not having a pod and the male moulded top deck finish. Tony who makes them has now got heaps of experience doing customisations and would be a good builder to work with of you need special things done.

Mate I'm pretty sure you are the guy who was my non-boater on the first day of the 2002 goldcoast bream comp ?? ring a bell? I fished in the fishingmonthly seajay for that comp.

I now have a poly 455 cc withe 60hp yammy 4 stroke. I'm wrapped with it. now bowmount just yet though - have been doing too much outside fishing to bother :). The poly is the closest yet to the perfect allrounder.

cheno

Duncs
30-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Hi Perko

I've been out in them a couple of times and really enjoyed it - so much that I've got a deposit down on one, should be here before christmas :) :) :) For me it is the perfect compromise between a bass boat (for fishing convenience) and a hull that can easily handle the nasty chop of moreton bay as well as some offshore work. Its a nice dry ride too! No probs with a bow mount by the way and the customised interior means everything can be done just the way you want it. Fly guide Nat Bromhead is another owner who is happy to recommend them and give plenty of hints on the fitout http://www.###################.com.au/index.html

Cheers

Duncan

Duncs
30-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Try searching the net for Nat Bromhead or salt water fly

MY-TopEnder
01-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Cloud 9 would be the man to speak to...

drb
02-11-2004, 05:05 AM
you can get hold of nat at all the W's dot salt water fly fishing (No spaces) dot com dot au
:) I have spent a day in his galeforce and it is a great boat

tim_flyin
02-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Nice work Dazz,
there is more than one way skin a cat.
Tim

drb
02-11-2004, 11:42 AM
;D

perko
02-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all your replies Tony