PDA

View Full Version : Questions for poly owners

polydriver
03-11-2004, 05:40 AM
A couple of questions from owners of polyboats if you have fitted the following to your boats

The access to install bow mounted electric

and were the main and secondary batteries are fitted.

gif
03-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Batteries?

You did not say which model polycraft

But I have seen them

1 under the seat pedestals
2 forward floor, under a constructed deck
3 in the front wells
4 rear floor, between the seats ( 4.55)

of all these, under the seat pedestals seems to be a good idea ( 4.1 )

I assume you have the 4.55? are you adding a casting deck? Under that works well.

Access to bow motor - all use a standard inspection port placed fwd. See Gary Sturdy’s boat in the last edition of Freshwater Fishing

Gary

piscator
03-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Hi Dave,
Surely your're not talking about your boat mate? :-/
If you are you are going have fun with the cuddy, you'll have to cut your bow rail and go for for the full remote.
Dual batteries are a must and if I was doing it in the CC I have I think I'd go for the front bin - all it does now is store the PFD's.
Check out the polycraft site in the custom boat area and look at the jobs in there. I think Garry's boat may be one of them ;D
BTW, the contribution to your site is well under way, just have a few things to organise and a few pics to put with it and I'll fire it off to you.
Cheers
Brett

polydriver
03-11-2004, 06:01 PM
No i have been approached by a guy throu the site with those questions so I told him I would ask via here as I didnt know. I have the batteries under the seats so its not a problem but havent seen the set up in a side console to know.

Thanks Brett, will add another dimension. I am "STILL WAITING" for the info from Bay-firie... (hint hint) nothing better do up there but fish i spose Mark?!!!!! Its not like you are putting out fires all day. ;D

Doomy
04-11-2004, 04:43 AM
Bow-mount has one long bolt through front left hole (goes through outer rim like the bow-rails) and the biggest threaded screws I could find for the rest.

Seems ok so far but if the screws start to pull I'll put a inspection hatch in and bolt it.

Crank battery under back-right hatch which is my seat.
Leccy battery currently in a box on deck untill I build casting platform. Then will be under it on left side of boat to balance when fishing by myself.

This is a 4.1