PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic flooring

dnej
04-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Trying to find a post on synthetic flooring , that can be used in boats. Did a seach, but it didnt come up.I know its there somewhere.
Anyone know the name of the product?
David

RobK
04-11-2004, 08:58 AM
I am not sure if this is what you had in mind but have a look at;

www.flexiteek.com.au/

Regards

Rob

Kiktz
04-11-2004, 10:08 AM
I have a mate that has a plate boat. We have just ripped up the carpet off the floor to do some work and looking at what type of flooring is best. Since this has come up can anyone help with the bes type of no slip flooring painted or other that will do the job.

Help on this would be great

Thanks Kiktz

Aaron_Fogarty
05-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Having had fit out many boats at a marine dealer I have searched extensively for the best thing to put under your feet. all products have their advantages and disadvanteges. for example. Marine carpet although comfortable gets a smell about it if your a die hard fisherman.
Teak and sickaflex looks great although expensive and a little blood on it is a nightmare. Two pack poly paint is good with the silacon sand through it is great but it gets hot in the Aussie sun. My preferance of late has been a product by Clark Rubber its a woven nonslip rubber matting. Its great remove and hose clean,doesnt get hot and the blood and water goes straight through it and out the scuppers .check it out!
regards Aaron

DR
05-11-2004, 12:22 PM
There is a product called 'NYCELL CELLUKA'
it is a plastic style board that comes in assorted thickness,
10, 12, 15, 18, 20, 24 & 30mm sheets are 2400 x 1200.
it's white & reasonably light.
it is glossy so probably slippery when wet, so would need to be carpeted

sold by BFS in Salisbury Phone 3276 7933
cheers

The_Walrus
05-11-2004, 07:08 PM
I've spoken to the dealer about Nycell.

It's lighter than the same thickness plywood, can be worked with all the normal power tools used for wood and best of all, you join it using the blue glue used to join pvc tubing. The dealer recommended the 20 mm for use as boat flooring.

It's more expensive than plywood but it will last as long as the boat.

When I do some mods to my boat's casting decks, I'll certainly be using it.

Luc

perko
07-11-2004, 05:58 AM
Can nycell be plastic welded to poly boats?