PDA

View Full Version : How to cover boat with C/C

Bundaberg_Bandit
11-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi All,

I have a 15ft centre console that sits beside the shed with a tarp on it. I buy good quality tarps but after a few months they start to rub through on the console windscreen.

I have been thinking of somehow lifting the tarp up above the windscreen with something smooth.

Any ideas out there on how to make the tarps last longer???
You can get these in USA but I haven't seen them here

thanks in advance

Bundy bandit

Sportfish_5
11-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Bundy

Tarps will never last :-/. I had one on my rig to keep the freakin leaves and sun out but finally bite the bullet and bought a custom made cover and couldn't be happier. Has all the rub patches on it where it contacts the canopy, baitboard and bow rails, good ventilation and is a one man job to put on even in a bit of breeze. Cats hate it too ;D ;D

Best $750 Ive spent ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,

Greg

drb1967
11-11-2004, 05:46 PM
you could get a tent pole and a tent pole cap from a camping store. Add a suitable base a you have item as shown.

Bundaberg_Bandit
11-11-2004, 05:50 PM
thanks Greg, but its a bit hard to justify that sort of money for my poor little captain comalco.

drb1967
I was thinking the same thing, got the tent pole, just can't think of what to use at the top, something nice and round I suppose

cheers

BB

drb1967
11-11-2004, 05:55 PM
you can get special caps for tent poles and tarps. Any decent camping store will have one. They cost less than $5.

Bashir
11-11-2004, 05:59 PM
I used to use a board of ply about 50cm wide and just taped an old towel on the top of it to prevent it beraking through the tarp. But serioulsy we used to pay $80 for a big tarp and after going through two of them we realised it wasn't worth it and just got a custom cover done for it. I think this is the way that you should be going. Don't think about the money, every time you put the cover on in under 2 min at the end of a long day of fishing, you will be thankful for it, I know I am!!

cooky
11-11-2004, 06:21 PM
I bought a boat cover from a boat shop recently. I've a 5.4m boat - purchased the largest size - designed for 5.4 to 6+ boats - just fits mine.
Similar material to my old car cover for $190
non abrasive.
I however have some concern over it's UV protection. I've got to check it out as I have a feeling it's not 100%

noluck
11-11-2004, 06:26 PM
sportfisher-5
Mate I would like to know where did you get cover for your boat
no _luck

Bowser
12-11-2004, 01:32 PM
No luck, I see BIAS advertising them and they do mail order so give them a ring