PDA

View Full Version : should I carpet?

ali
11-11-2004, 09:13 PM
thank's dr dan.

ali
11-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Hi all, I need some advice about the floor in my boat , as some of you may know I recently purchased a hydrofield, now the problem is that it currently has a good quality rubber mat on the floor which is good cause it's easy to keep clean ,doesn't stain etc, but the problem is it traps water under it so the floor under it is always wet,the mat is not glued in but also it can't be taken out as it goes under the seating, live bait tank etc, if I replace it with marine carpet will this solve my problem, if so should the carpet be glued to the floor any advice is appreciated. regards stiffrod!

Dr_Dan
11-11-2004, 09:52 PM
In my boat stiffrod (14ft runabout), it's fully carpeted (including the bow), with the carpet stuck/glued to the floor. #Lots of people complain about carpet, and yes, it can be a pain to clean. #I normally just take my boat to one of those high pressure car wash places, and blast the carpet clean. #Gets all the blood and mangrove mud out I can throw at it.
I think the main problem with having the carpet removable, is having it slip, makes it easier to trip on the edges. #Have heard of people using press studs to hold their carpet in place. #Don't know if this would fix the problem? #May have proplems with hiting toes etc.

I think carpet is the way to go, as long as you are able to clean it properly. #IF you have your own gurney (spelling?), you're set.

Dan

peterbo3
12-11-2004, 05:51 AM
SR,
I have carpet right through the C/C & it really provides some good traction as well as allowing me to be barefoot on a hot day. Mine is secured with velcro strips glued with contact cement. Boat lives outside & the velcro has been on for two years with no sign of lifting. Easy to remove the carpet if I need to pull the soft patch covering the fuel tank. Maybe you could secure your rubber mats with velcro after you have cut them to fit around your seats, etc..
I always hose the carpet at sea if it gets blood on it. Rinses out easily later on.

cooky
12-11-2004, 06:40 AM
i personally like the sound of your rubber mat better than carpet. sounds more practical and does it matter if it's wet?

lark
12-11-2004, 02:07 PM
congratulations stiffrod on the purchase of your hydrofield .you wont regret it .i have owned one for ten years. carpet is one hell of a problem when bringing fish on board,rubber matting is good.please enter photo of your hydrofield.
lark

ali
12-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Yo lark , you asked for some photo's, here's a few I've previously posted.

ali
12-11-2004, 09:27 PM
another,

ali
12-11-2004, 09:28 PM
another one,

ali
12-11-2004, 09:30 PM
more,

ali
12-11-2004, 09:35 PM
some more,

ali
12-11-2004, 09:40 PM
;D

ali
12-11-2004, 09:50 PM
8)

dfox
13-11-2004, 12:17 PM
G-day, lark (rob) , hope to get out for a run in your hydrofield and catch some more of these!!