PDA

View Full Version : 4 m hornet

fingers
10-11-2004, 04:50 PM
just ordered a 4m hornet trophy with a 40 honda, any one out there got the same sort of package wondering what sort of performance to expect? pro and cons of boat

FishFrame
11-11-2004, 07:14 AM
We've got a Hornet 435 with Yamaha 40hp 4stk (with hydrofoil). With the 40lt u/flr tank we have a range of 80kms at WOT. Boat is superb, tows beautifully and the motor pushes the hull up on the plane instantly (hydrofoil helps), and pushes along 3 fat bastards at 27kts easy.

Ours was 2nd hand - I assume yrs in new - lucky bugger [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

cod_botherer
11-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Well I reckon you're on a winner.

Smooth ride, very stable, just like the brochure says :)

You'll see some talk on the net and this site about the hull porpoising but it's never happened in mine. Possible causes are over trimming or incorrect prop.

FishFrame
11-11-2004, 11:51 AM
cod_botherer, mine's a Trophy. Is yrs a WildFish or just a Trophy?

BigE
12-11-2004, 08:06 AM
mines a 4m wide body with a 25yammie f/s goes forever on a tote tank (about 40k's to 1/2 a tank never used a full tank yet) two up will do about 23kts GPS measured no trim probs with mine either ..... a 40 it should fly but you might need to shift some weight forward EG battery etc to get the best performance ... i took 3 mate and an esky of refreshments out first up and moved the weight(mates) around to find where the boat worked the best highly recomended as it made a huge diff espically since i have limited HP......... i'm sure you will be happy as there r lots of hornets out there but not many 4sale 2nd hand

cod_botherer
12-11-2004, 12:24 PM
FishFrame, it's a trophy

cheers

devocean
13-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Are you guys talking about the Quintrex Hornet? If so I know three guys (who punish their boats pretty bad) who have had to send them back because they cracked. Here quintrex has a shortage of good welders. By the way I have a Quintrex myself but it is the trevally the model before they changed over

xxxxhornet
15-11-2004, 10:44 AM
I've got a 4m with a 30hp lite (merc). Goes like the clappers, cheap to run, heaps of room and stable. Good for up the creeks or chasing tuna on the bay.
If I was to get another boat i'd probly still keep this one cos value for money it cant ge beaten.

I did have a mate who got a small hairline crack in his around the transom, but had it fixed under warranty