PDA

View Full Version : Livewell

jackash
12-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Is it possible to make my own livewell for turnament fishing or is that too dodgy. If its all good, or even for not tournament fishing, any tips on how to make them.
Thanks
Jackash

Zeeke
12-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Simplest way Asho... 70 litre insulated esky.. Keepalive Aerator..

jackash
12-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks Timbo. And the tournament people will be happy with that?? Spose if it keeps the fish alive and healthy they dont mind. Should i get an aerator i can connect up to the boat battery or what.
Cheers
Asho

Zeeke
12-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Mate, so far.. aslong as it holds 60 litres and its insulated, they are happy with it.. a keep alive aerator can be connected to the battery, it diffuses air into the water so it keeps fish very alive.. just change water every now and then..

Tim
p.s. thats for ABT comps

jackash
13-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Thanks Timbo. Good to hear. Have to get around to that sometime.
Cheers,
Asho

jordo
13-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Hey mate. One of my mates built himself a bass boat and all he used under his platforms were large plastic containers from super cheap. Then he plumbed them up. They had plenty of marine ply support and you would never know what they were after put under floor. He used it as a guides boat for years and was a competitior in many bass comps and they never failed. Main thing though is make them large and good water reticulation. See yas

basserman
15-11-2004, 07:44 AM
UMMM timbo yeh they bummped the size up to 100l for next years comps as far as i heard 10L per fish per angler so boat tottal is 10 that means 100L :-/

Zeeke
15-11-2004, 03:03 PM
fair enough.. wouldnt know.. i dont pay much attention to ABT anymore.. too many D@#$*!##'s

Tim

basserman
16-11-2004, 11:43 AM
yep im with ya on that one tim
i only found out at the grand final

not sure what they are doing but seem they are trying to make it harder and harder to be in these fishing comps!

Fitzy
17-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Keep Alive airators are great at what they do, just keep in mind that they DO heat the water up.
I (accidentally) cooked a saratoga in a top of the line 65L icebox on a 6 hour drive south to Somerset for release while the mates toga sitting in the boats 50L livewell with no airation was fine for the whole trip. Enough airation from splashing around. Water temp was 11 degrees warmer in the icebox. :'(

I'm going over to an airpump system in the new rig with a bilge pump just to fill / change water.

Cheers,

fitzy..