PDA

View Full Version : Groundbait help

Mike_the_Pom
22-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Greetings from the UK...........

Please forgive my intrusion onto your boards but I am struggling with something that one of you might be able to help with.

A while ago watching one of Rex Hunt's progs on the telly, was demonstrated a groundbait system for use on a boat.

It was basically a tube which you filled with groundbait and lowered to the bottom, on contact, or retrieval, can't recall which the tube opens depositing the groundbait in a lump on the sea bed under your boat.

looked just about everywhere to find one or the plans for a build your own device and so far have blanked.

Thanks for any help you guys..........

If I can be of any assistance to you at all please feel free to email me.

Tezza985
22-11-2004, 07:26 PM
Mike! Its called a burley bomb. Its just a piece of plastic tubing with a lid which opens when it hits bottom depositing the burley all in the one place! hopefully right under near the boat.

I use it when i am fishing for snapper, but it works on most fish. If your interested i can post you a pic.

Tezza.

Mike_the_Pom
22-11-2004, 10:56 PM
yes please ;D

Tezza985
23-11-2004, 12:12 PM
OK Mike here are a couple of pics! This is just one type as there are a few but i find this works for me, and i can cramm a lot of burley into this one. Note that it opens on its own or with a slight tug as it hits bottom.

Hope its what your thinking about. Tezza.

Tezza985
23-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Another!

Tezza985
23-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Last

MAL
23-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi Tezza985, where can i get one of those berly bombs, never seen one like that before.
Cheers Mal. 8)

Tezza985
23-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Mal, Can't recall where i got it! down in Sydney somewhere, but you can easy make one up out of heavy plastic drainage pipe.

Most good fishing or marine shops should supply them. Maybe i should go into business making them. Some fisho's attach them or something similar to the anchor, but i wouldn't advise that with sharks hanging around, you might get to see more of the ocean than you bargained for.

Tezza.

yalla
23-11-2004, 07:44 PM
i swap ya a stainless steel one for some biccies ur way

Mike_the_Pom
23-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the info Tezza..........

still looking for plans or whatever, cage ones are easy enough but I really want one that opens on impact with the sea bed....

What Biccies are you after yalla?