PDA

View Full Version : Boat Seats stuffed.

SeaHunt
23-11-2004, 08:37 AM
I have a Quintrex Freedom sport about 2 years old and I guess the seats are supplied by Quintex ? not sure.
Anyway I leant back on the seat and heard a bang, looked under the seat and the alloy casting that sits on the pedestal had broken off up against the tightening nut.
This looks like an obvious weak point and a pretty crappy deisgn really. The name on the casting is SWIVL-EZE, anyone else here had this happen. ? I can't imagine them not breaking sooner or later.. >:(
They were adjusted just firm enough to still swivel around, and the boat has never been airborne or anything.
Do you think if I bitched enough, Quintrex or the dealer would do something about it?

SeaHunt
23-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Found a piccy.
Pretty much like this, may not be identical.
The casting just snapped off where the nut is on the tightener on the front.

SeaHunt
23-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Can that cast alloy stuff be welded, or would it just make it weak beside the weld?

DaneCross
25-11-2004, 08:03 AM
Bitch about it to Quintrex mate, I had both my front seats replaced for nothing after the hinges busted. That seat design had been recalled, but they seemed very willing to help. You can't lose can you? Either you score a new seat or you'll be left where you are - can't get worse ;)
Dane