PDA

View Full Version : bow fuel tank in a 12ft tinny.good idea??

paz
24-11-2004, 06:42 PM
i've got a 12ft alleycraft tinny and am in the process of freeing up usable space thats now unusable cause the way it was set-up by previous owner,,it has a casting deck up the front that under it i plan to stow lifejackets and stuff,,but what im thinking of doing is making an aluminium fuel tank that will fit right up the very front point(bow),,most likely 25-30L size,,this way where the old tank now sits i can put a live well set-up..this boat will only ever be used in a river or dam...
so what i want to know is ???,,,,mounting the tank where i want to will this make the boat to unstable due to the weight being up high,,or are there any other possible reasons as to why its a bad idea...i do relise that this will shift weight forward,,but that can be overcome by moving other things which i plan to do as well..
thanks in advance
paz
p.s....piccy is how it used to be,,,few extra things in there now but basically the same..

Aaron_Fogarty
25-11-2004, 05:50 AM
Paz
many blokes put them up there to distribute the weight. If your only kickin around the dams.....no worries mate
Aaron

paz
25-11-2004, 11:58 AM
cheers aaron...looks like its going to go in there then...
paz ;D