PDA

View Full Version : Charitable person north side with a wheel puller.

Cheech
25-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Spent ages trying to get the old prop off, with no success. I am concerned that if I get any more aggressive then I will do damage to something. So it really needs a wheel puller to get it off. I use to be in the trade, but now that I am not, I do not have access to all the toys.

Anyone from Ferny Hills area with one, and half an hour to spare, I would be most grateful.

By the way, I have to get it off as I suspect it is 21 pitch and way over proped. Need to read the size at the back and confirm the pitch before I buy a new 17 pitch prop.

Regards,

Cheech

peterbo3
25-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Cheech,
Take the boat up to Harry at Holt Marine on Queens Road. They will probably pop it off for free if you are going to buy a new fan. ;)

SeaSaw
25-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Cheech,

I have one of those centre pullers with 3 arms ... if that is what you are after. I think it is 110mm arm lenght.

If that is what you are after, I could bring it into work tommorow and you could pick it up, as we both work in the city.

Let me know.

Mark

Cheech
26-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the wheel puller Mark. Gave it a go tonight, but unfortunately no luck. It is on tight. Will probably need to give Holts a go as they probably have special heavy duty pullers.

Just a damn shame that it was allowed to get in such condition. Must have been like it for years to be that stuck.

Big_Kev
26-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Sounds like it might be a job for the blue tounge spanner.

aido
26-11-2004, 06:01 PM
back the nut off enough to protect the shaft threads
and a few well weighted hammer blows on the nut
while applying force on the prop to get it off.

might be worth a try.

dnej
27-11-2004, 05:40 AM
Try a can of penetrating oil, great stuff, leave it soak in overnight. Specioally desigbed for such matters.
David