PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Finally Arrives!!

drevil
29-11-2004, 08:36 AM
After what seemed a huge wait, my new boat finally arrived late last week. Here is a pic of it arriving at Scarborough and our first glimpse of it. It's a Larson brought in from the USA.

Christened it yesterday (Saturday) with a trip to Moreton and hung around the wrecks for a couple of hours. See you in the bay! ;D

drevil
29-11-2004, 08:38 AM
And here's one of her over at Moreton...

bungie
29-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Wow
;D

predator
29-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Great looking boat.

Dirty_Mole
29-11-2004, 08:58 AM
farkin hell thats a big boy didnt know they made trailers that big

Dr_Dan
29-11-2004, 09:03 AM
No more worrying about 20-25knts!

NQCairns
29-11-2004, 10:15 AM
That's certainly a nice lump of a boat, very grand, how many Ausfishers can you fit inside ;D ;D ;D

Morlers
29-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Nice boat [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

What's the specs?

:) :)

Morlers

boatboy50
29-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Hey,
Very nice rig. Gotta love the yanks!
Do you intend to tow it? And if so, with what?
I take it you bought her new? Any probs with registering the trailer?
Ive just bought in my own import, and am about to go through the transport issue. Many options, dont know which way to go.
Regards
Darren

Cheech
29-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Hey Steve,,,

Took your old rig (my new rig) over to tangas today with the kids. Wondered if you were over there. Hell,,,, you could be anywhere anytime with the new boat.

Looks great. Now I know what to look out for.

Cheech

noluck
29-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Congratulations on new boat it is very nice .
wish u happy boating
fadil

drevil
29-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Thanks for all the comments fellas. We thought about spending money either fixing our house up or buying the boat, and the boat won. We figured we would only stay home if we spent the money on the house, and who wants to do that when they can spend the weekend on the bay?

Morlers, it's a 26.5" with a 260hp 5l litre mercruiser. I didn't take it over 3900 RPM over to Moreton because it's breaking in, but I had it up to 52kph at that point and using 42 litres per hour. Cruising speed seems about 40kph at 3500 rpm using 35lph. (It's fitted with Smartcraft so it shows fuel consumption, etc). Not sure if it will be much different after 20 hours of use.

Darren, that trailer was how Tweed Coast Marine delivered it. Apparently it's the biggest legal size that can be trailered. It's 3 tonnes of boat and I think the guy delivering it was glad to see it in the water - it was pretty blowy when he brought it up and it was a slow trip. But I have rented a berth at Newport Marina and have bought an Airberth to keep it out of the water.

Cheech, I was looking out for you when we were over at the wrecks yesterday, but we didn't get out today. I will be heading to Couran Cove for a work thing this weekend coming, but will probably get over to Moreton the following weekend. Might see you over there then. How was it getting over there today? Where did you leave from?