PDA

View Full Version : Boat Storage - Out of water

crazymorton
23-11-2004, 04:20 PM
does anyone have any ideas or know of a place round Cleveland where i could store a boat/trailer in relative safety and security in in between uses? for a fee of course
I picked up mine today and have found that my driveway is to steep and awkward to reverse it up to the section beside my house where it could be stored.
Long story......the draw bar and my tow bar dig into the driveway pavers when im trying to reverse it up. once over this hurdle the subsequent weight displacement causes my wheels to spin as there is no traction. i only have a AU Ford (company car).
and i dont want to leave it on street. so its either storage or another option. i was thinking maybe a removable winch at the top of my driveway?
any thoughts appreciated.... ???

dnej
24-11-2004, 05:51 AM
I have the same problem with my shed. I built some ramps to bridge the point where the two surfaces change direction. Smoothed out the driving surface, and fixed the problem. I also had a problem with the rear end of the trailer bottoming out, and that fixed that also.
David
Victoria point has some good boating marinas wet and dry storage.

Rowdy_2002
24-11-2004, 08:47 AM
I havent been down to Cleveland for a couple of months but you used to be able to store boats at the place that was "Betta Hire" in Shore St. You would have to check if still able to.

Other than that try the Storage Sheds up in the South St industrial area.

Greg

Outsider
24-11-2004, 03:17 PM
I went through the same thing this time last year and will be looking again next month when I get my new boat.

What's now called Nu-Marine on Shore St used to do it and it looks like they still might be by the number of boats down there.

Samson Marina on Beveridge Rd at Thornlands were looking at getting into storage 12 months ago so they might be worth a try now. There's Port of Brisbane Storage at Murrarie just off Lytton Rd (lots of old buses in the yard).

Let me know how you go.

crazymorton
24-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Outsider -
i ended up at Port of Lytton so far...$88 per month outside. no probs its outside anyway at home. open access 24/7.

the one at thornlands is advertised in Beacon to Beacon. they are $40 p/wk but its 7am-7pm only..no key access and no launching off their ramp......public liability insurance issues and council issues...they told me this....

but they are hoping to have all this fixed by next year......
so Lytton is the short term solution and maybe Samson next year....
seems like a big call for this sort of stuff but no decently priced facilities...maybe we should buy a block and set something up!?!?!?!

Dr_Dan
24-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Mate had similar problem. Steep drive, big boat. Ended up putting a towball on the bullbar of his pajero. Would drive the boat up forwards.

Jeremy
25-11-2004, 06:04 AM
Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club at Manly?

Jeremy

MikeH
29-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Keep Boat... Sell House !!!! ;)

Fishin_Dan
30-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Outsider -
i ended up at Port of Lytton so far...$88 per month outside. no probs its outside anyway at home. open access 24/7.

Does this mean ANYONE can walk in and get to it?

crazymorton
30-11-2004, 05:37 PM
it's a secure facility with security gates, PIN access, cameras, etc.
theres quite a few boats there, and many that are much flasher than mine....i've also put a wheel clamp on it when i leave it........

Rowdy_2002
01-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Make sure that the wheel clamp is approved by your insurer as if it isn't and the boat gets stolen you could be up for a big excess.

I found out the hard way. [smiley=bigcry.gif]

crazymorton
01-12-2004, 01:30 PM
thx for the tip