PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane River - Ramps?

crazymorton
04-12-2004, 11:41 AM
this bloody wind is gonna keep me off the bay on the weekend and i was gonna take my old man out for his 1st spin in the boat.
so does anyone know the best ramps to use on the river.....i might just take him cruising.......

thx
::)

Rowdy_2002
04-12-2004, 11:45 AM
The Colmslie boat ramp is a good ramp. It has a pontoon there for loading of passengers etc. It is handy for heading up river or down towards the mouth.

Just be aware that there isnt lots of trailer parking so get there early.

Fishin_Dan
04-12-2004, 12:34 PM
And apparently its bad for little theiving buggers, so take your security (Usually in the shape of a .22!!!) :D

Dirty_Mole
04-12-2004, 12:39 PM
naa the security there is pretty good but yeah thers not much parking there especially when numbnuts park there cars in the boat trailer parking area the ramp is also 2 lanes wide and if need be there is the beach to put the boat onto

clutter
04-12-2004, 02:51 PM
I usually use the Pinkenba ramp. Plenty of room to park and have never heard of any security problems.

Clutter

MY-TopEnder
04-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Mole beat me to it really but he doesn't actually have to worry about parking there and so on, he's just a passenger.

Colmslie is a great ramp on a good day... the problems arise when you have local kids hanging around on the end of the pontoon fishing. Yeah ok i'm all for little kids wetting a line, just don't do it on a boat ramp.

The other problem you have is people who take up enough room for 3 boats.

Security wise, i used to drive a commodore that would be a target to theives (stereo, big tacho, gauges, mags) and never once had an issue with anything sus. Usually on a sunday you have people in the dog park and so on which makes things a bit safer.

There isn't alot of parking there but usually you can get a space, the only time i've seen problems was when there was an ABT Bream round on, or things like Riverfire. You may also want to watch out round this time of year as they have the xmas fireworks on, i don't think they start till the 19th though.

Something else to watch out for is on a REALLY low tide, you may find the trailer drop off the end of the ramp. Its only happened to me once but it does drop about a foot where the end of the concrete slab is.

Facilities at the ramp are great with public toilets and taps. There is even room if you wanted to take a little portable BBQ down.

Anyway if you're there on Sunday, keep an eye out for a Maroon Toyota Surf 4WD towing a 435 Allycraft Top Ender.

crazymorton
04-12-2004, 05:29 PM
thx guys.....where exactly is this colmslie ramp?
a UBD ref or street number would help please....

cheers
8)

webby
05-12-2004, 03:37 AM
fisherman is (boat passage) ramp is off port of bris drive
pinkemba is of Kirra st
comslie is off lytton road near the hockey fields
breakfast ck is behind the shops near the bridge

James_V17L
05-12-2004, 03:44 AM
If you wanta head west the Jindalee boat ramp seems
pretty good..I sometimes go down there to give the boat
a run(close to home)..nice ramp,great pontoon,nice surroundings.

MY-TopEnder
05-12-2004, 05:31 AM
Heres a pretty close up map of where it is... the green patch is the hocky fields... its down the back of them.

Fishin_Dan
05-12-2004, 08:17 AM
And if you want to know where Archie's new place is...

crazymorton
05-12-2004, 01:01 PM
thx guys....your all legends....
we ended up using the colmslie ramp and i was very impressed....nice new floating poontoon...good size so that its not to crowded.....easy to tie up and park & retrieve the car...since my old man hasnt driven for 4 years i found that very handy...all in all a good day.....
my only complaint...note 1st web whinge coming up.......those bloody PWC dickheads where zipping around near the beach next to the ramp and making so much wash i had trouble getting the boat lined up centre on the trailer when i came back in......what with my old man being 1st time and me a novice it wasnt easy.......
but we got there.... ;D

MY-TopEnder
05-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Nah ya just yell at em and remind em its 6 knot or no wash... they tend to piss off pretty quick when ya remind em of that.