PDA

View Full Version : Storing the landing net

charleville
06-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Has anyone got any clever ideas for where to store the landing net on a small runabout, please?

After three years owning the boat, (Quintrex 4.75m Bayhunter Caprice), I took to drilling a few holes in safe places in it yesterday and screwing on some clips to hold the yabbie pump and paddles to get them out of the side trays to make more room available for storing other stuff so as to get more stuff off the floor when I am out fishing.

Today's trip to the 'Pin proved that storage to be successful so I shall now do a similar thing with the boat-hook and gaff and would really like to do something similar with the bloody big landing net that I have but am not sure where to put it.

Any ideas, please?

webby
06-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Run a couple of clips down the side so she clips on, depends onthe size of the net frame also.
regards

coasty
06-12-2004, 03:40 PM
on my old open tinny i had 2 bits of conduit cable tied to the bow rail. they just slipped in.

Heath
06-12-2004, 05:11 PM
We used to store ours on the passenger side up front. In the pic on the left side you can see 2 aluminium bars. These are the stays to the canopy. Our nets head came off, so we would stick it behind the stays. All secure. The handle would then clip in under the stays, again in clips on the ribs like you've already done.

In your case the handle alone would be enough to keep the head secure.

Once it was out though, it would stay out. We had a gimble on the end, so we could simply sit it in a rod holder & leave it there.

ken4159
07-12-2004, 06:25 AM
I use a couple of stickon hangers (see photo)

MTpockets
07-12-2004, 10:49 AM
My 4.1 has a canopy and usually when fishing we have that folded forward with a bungie wrapped over it to hold it. I usually just pop the handle under the bungie while fishing. When we are moving or we have the canopy up we just pop it under the bow, head first.

cheers
Les