PDA

View Full Version : OK...i'm only looking ...

snappa
09-12-2004, 07:12 PM
;D just after some opinions on the quintrex 610 offshore ????

has any one got one or has someone got one that you know????

i know the ride will not be the same as the cat ...

i've hear that these hulls are DOGS.. is this true????

any infro please so i dont make a mistake.. :o

be honest ;D

remember i'm just looking at this stag [time]?

megafish71
10-12-2004, 03:25 AM
Snapper.
Stay clear of these Quintrex hulls, the only thing that makes these things an offshore boat is there size. Don't expect to travel at any sort of speed in a bit of chop as these things handle like crap. The products are poorly built( terrible welding and cheapest rubbish that can be found). Factory backup from Quintrex is crap and I personally would never consider having another one or recommend Quintrex to anyone. As a boat and boat builder Quintrex is a dud. Just my opinion though.

Ron

cooky
10-12-2004, 05:35 AM
friend of mine has one around the 5m - centre console. about 10 yrs old now though. they got a bit of chop one day - pounded through it. seems to have kinked the hull (whole hull) quarter way back from bow. caused a split about 12 inches down on side - tried welding a few times, but keeps splitting. they're honestly thinking about using it as an artificial reef near their beachhouse. they wouldn't be able to sell it.

snappa
10-12-2004, 06:14 AM
thanks alot fellows... :)

i was told something like this about the hulls and your comments have certainly made up my mind... :(
so onward i go... ???
after a beach launching hull around the 5-6 mt but then who knows.. ???
i certainly gont... :-[

SeaHunt
10-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Hi Snappa
I havn't had any trouble with mine yet , (touch wood). And it has been through some fairly rough stuff, ie. airbourne. ::)
It is only a 475 (15 ft) so I dont go out too far.
Mine is 2002 model with Maxi transom and so called millieum hull, and I thought the welding, finish and handling was fine. I had a 16 ft glass half cab before this one and the Quintrex certainly handles better than it did.
Is the 610 a plate alloy?
Whatever you get snappa , make sure it has a EFI four stroke on the back of it so we wont have to put up with all the whinging about fuel prices and trip costs this time. ;D ;D ;D

Reefmaster
10-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Beach launching pete i wonder where your going to fish ;D ::)

JB
10-12-2004, 09:57 AM
lmao@seahunt, take that ya tightarse :P

Aaron_Fogarty
10-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Going to the 6M range of boats you really should be looking at a plate hull rather than the rolled. I know they come up alot heavier and $$$( considering pulling it through the sand and the quality of the 4x4) However, the strength, safety and ride outways weight and $$$ especially for offshore fishing. Having had plate and rolled boats,(Now 5.3 rolled hull ) if it was me beach launching and fishing offshore Id be looking at a Noble Vee or even a second hand standard sportfish hull.
Happy hunting
Aaron

DaneCross
10-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Whatever you get snappa , make sure it has a EFI four stroke on the back of it so we wont have to put up with all the whinging about fuel prices and trip costs this time. # ;D # #;D # #;D
ROFLMAO Thats gold SeaHunt [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Snappa, whats going on? Already having Cape withdrawls? If only Kellogs was still around :'( ;)
DC

Sportfish_5
10-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Good one Seahunt lol ! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

polydriver
11-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Polycraft now make a 6m boat in centre console and cuddy cabin models. I have seen them advertised around $33k or so with a 4st 100+hp motor. The hull will take a pounding on rocks beach etc. Worth a look at least Snappa.

fishingaz
13-12-2004, 03:11 PM
well we own a 610 offshore and have 168 hrs on now and cant see why these are dogs?the hull works as it should.into a headsea or a following sea.the hull is great and if any vessel split open in just a chop or after some very bad treatment id have concerns. do yourself a favour jump on one give it all you can handle and then compare .and no it dosent handle like a cat.and it shouldnt.