PDA

View Full Version : question re: spark plugs

rayo
19-12-2004, 04:34 AM
Hi Fellas
i have a mercury 25 xd 85 model (i think) i am trying to find out why is hard to start changing the sparks plugs might solve this problem however the plugs that i removed has the number BUHXW-1 but according to to the spare parts place they are the wrong ones they have given me sparks plugs with the number BP8H-N-10 but these are different from the old ones these have the gap on them would it be ok to use these...any comments would be appreciated

also i have a slight fuel leak around the gauge on the fuel tank could this also cause any problems with starting or idleing

thanks fellas
Rayo

blaze
19-12-2004, 06:17 AM
I take it the plugs ya took out had no tang to make the gap, this type of plug was used on a lot of mercs I believe. The heat range of the plugs you were given is probable the same but they may be a little longer. If ya use them turn the motor over by hand to make sure the tanks dont touch the pistons. The plugs like you took out are designed for high performance 2 strokes and cost more and probably a better quallity.
The fuel leak around the gauge will only make a mess and not cause any problems
check the plugs with a merc dealer
cheers
blaze

rayo
19-12-2004, 06:27 AM
blaze
many thanks for your info u were right about the plugs i took out, will check with the dealers

regards
Rayo