PDA

View Full Version : Southside Service Recommendations

steve_n
31-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Can anyone recommend a good marine service place on the southside of Brisbane. Maybe one of those mobile blokes even.
I have a 115 Merc 2 stroke on a glass boat. The dealer seems to do a reasonable service job but is always busy and seems pretty expensive. I also have a 20hp Evinrude on a tinny and the last time I had it serviced by an Evinrude dealer they just about stuffed it, also charged a fortune, and nearly caused my Mum and Dad to be stuck up s--- creek with a busted pull-start return spring. >:(
Any recommendations will be gratefully accepted. ;D

joeT
31-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Wynnum Marine did a good job on my boat, reasonable prices, and they pick up and drop off your rig for free if you're within 30km.

Spaniard_King
31-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Wynnum Marine did a good job on my boat, reasonable prices, and they pick up and drop off your rig for free if you're within 30km.

Hey JoeT,

ya recon ist's for free ::)

bignick
31-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Nu-Marine at Cleveland are pretty good. Their prices are fair, their service is good and the mechanic really knows his stuff. And, you get your old parts back (plugs, filters, etc.) in a plastic bag so you can see what's been done.

Cheers,
NICK.

DR
31-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Give Des Hughes Marine a call. 3208 3349 mob. 0409 274 136
old fashioned one man shop who gives good service. in woodridge area.

cheers

steve_n
31-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the replies Nick, Joe T and DR. I live in Chambers Flat so Des Hughes sounds like he is worth a call. Good service is worth every cent.
DR is he home based, mobile or does he have a workshop?

Dignity
31-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Steve, I've had nothing but good, reliable and inexpensive service from Neptune Marine at Sprigwood. One time I had trouble getting my motor to fire over and the boys there checked over the entire electrics and found the little rubber protrusion on the dead man switch (suzi 85) had shrunk back enough not to make a connection (it was the first check they did and I felt a real bozo). Total charge $15 for a new dead man switch.

rayo
01-01-2005, 02:06 AM
Hi Steve
you could try Mobile Marine Medics
he is a mobile and he lives at barrs scrub
not to far from chambers flat

his moblie is 0407-198-728

hope this helps

Ray

steve_n
01-01-2005, 03:11 AM
Thanks Dignity
I was wondering what they were like.
Steve

steve_n
01-01-2005, 03:16 AM
Thanks Ray,
I havent used a mobile bloke before but it would make it easier than trying to get the boat in before work and then finding out the b------ds cant even do it that day because they are "really busy"
Steve

cjbfisher
01-01-2005, 01:11 PM
I've also heard good things about Des Hughes, but I have not yet tried him. I use Jeff Orr. He is a mobile guy, you also get your old parts back, and he doesn't mind explaining what he is doing while you watch. He is based around Loganholme/Carbrook but I don't think he minds travelling for his good customers (he even went to Redcliffe to inspect a boat that I was buying). His number is 0419 765 002.
Cheers,
Chris